Windsurfing Movie II Premieres - Port Alberni & Victoria

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

The Official Vancouver Island Premiere of The Windsurfing Movie II is happening this September in Port Alberni and Victoria. For those who missed the first movie, no expense was spared; Helicopters, Cameras or Location, to create a Windsurfing video beyond parallel. The Windsurfing Movie II sets the standard even higher leading to a utopian level of windsurfing stokedom.

Saturday September 11, 2010 @ Wild West Watersports in Port Alberni.
This should be a wicked event, come Windsurf/Kite/SUP/Swim all day, then catch The Windsurfing Movie II while sipping on a beer and munching on some BBQ'd dinner. $10 to sail for the day, $10 for the Movie Premiere. The movie will start once it is dark enough, around 8 PM or so. Big thanks to Sandy, Rob and Matt at WWW who will be our hosts, check out http://www.wildwestwatersports.com for more information about the venue. This should be an awesome day.

Sunday September 19, 2010 @ The Canoe Brewpub in Victoria.
The premiere is piggybacking on "Surf Sundays" at the Canoe Brewpub every Sunday, sponsored by HtO, Coastline Surf, Billabong and Spy. The Brewpub is generously supporting this show and there is NO COST for entry, that's right, it's free. So please come down and show your support, buy a pint or three and a bite to eat. The Windsurfing Movie I will start at 6:30 PM followed by The Windsurfing Movie II at 7:30 PM. Come down early and get stoked on the first movie before watching the second. Live Band to follow after the show, drinks on special, and prizes to win. Again, this one is FREE, so let's come out and show our support. http://www.canoebrewpub.com/index.php?id=42

Check out the Facebook event page at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=144421682258971 and help spread the word to your friends, family, post man, or local politician.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Sounds great, nice work Tony!
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
jellyfish
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by jellyfish »

Thanks Nanmoo for all the leg work setting this up. And thanks Laura :wink: :wink: (Canoe Brew Pub) for agreeing to sponsor this!! I'm looking forward to attending both events!
Dinner at 5 ish Canoe Brew Pub??? Anyone else want to join in at our table/group??
Geoffy

Post by Geoffy »

JellyFish - I'm in for dinner at 5 at Canoe Club - assume it's downtown Vic, so if we have a few coming in from up-Peninsula maybe car-pool/dedicated driver?? Anyone else?

PS - bringing a few gallons of mango-margaritas to PA for premier 8) , returns for all your kindnesses (this to all of you, not just JF/Kus) - :wink:
We windsurf - life must be good!
BA

Post by BA »

JF- I'm in for the Canoe Club dinner. Can't make it to WWW premier due to the dreaded 'company's coming' :cry:
JL

Post by JL »

I'm in 8)
Thermals are good.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

jellyfish wrote:Thanks Nanmoo for all the leg work setting this up. And thanks Laura :wink: :wink: (Canoe Brew Pub) for agreeing to sponsor this!! I'm looking forward to attending both events!
Dinner at 5 ish Canoe Brew Pub??? Anyone else want to join in at our table/group??
YES YES YESS... big thanks to Laura (JellyFish's daughter) at the Canoe Brewpub for hooking us up with this event.
rkwave

Post by rkwave »

Yes!
I saw the Premier of this Move in Hood River last month.
Excellent and well worth seeing (again).
Features windsurfing in Maui, Canaries and the Gorge.

RK :D
RKWAVE
Vik

Post by Vik »

Awesome - I'll be there on the 19th of Sep... :lol:
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com
Sandy Beach

Windsurfing Movie Premiere II - the show must go on

Post by Sandy Beach »

Port Alberni Event, this Saturday, Sept.11th
Season-End Wrap-Up at Wild West Watersports

Movies to watch, prizes to give away, stoke to be shared
Gear to be swapped

Bring blankets, since when the sun goes down, it gets a wee bit chilly out.
Pot luck of nibblies and drinks are welcome.

We've all seen forecasts that have changed and will update you later in the week with a final verdict. Let's hope the weatherman cooperates and blows us some thermal kisses this weekend.
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
JL

Post by JL »

Thermals are good.
Joostio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Joostio »

is there any verdict on whats happening? is this going on rain or shine? thanks for an update.
Geoffy

Post by Geoffy »

Better -- or I have a hell of a lot of great margaritas to drink!!!

:D :D :D
We windsurf - life must be good!
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Geoff, what % alcohol was in those margeritas compared to a bar-bought one :?: :?: :?:

I think the Canoe Club showing might still be the Island Premier. Party was awesome except I don't think anyone knows if we saw Windsurfing Movie 1 OR 2 :?: :!: I know we started off with 4th Dimension (thanks Chris!), but Geoff's killer margeritas were kicking in about then and everything thereafter is pretty fuzzy :oops: Rumour has it that a kiting DVD was played. Glad BWD made it back from his town walkabout, Dave you'll have to save those $5 bills you found after for a memento. Dave's post really should be saved for posterity:
"Bwd: When does the movie start Sandy Beach? - Sunday September 12, 3:39AM"
Sandy is alleged to have 'fallen asleep' in the driver's seat of Dave's car while searching for him, and has other amusing memory lapses. Geoffy too sick to come to breakfast this morning, general consensus was somewhere between "serves him right" and "got what he deserved, awwwwwohhhh my head!"

Well, no one drowned and take note that the parties at WWW are lots of fun! I personally will not be touching alhohol again for some time :roll:
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Awesome! Glad you guys had fun. Wish I could have been a part of it.