BWD tshirt & logo design

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.

BWD Logo redesign?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:37 pm

I like the existing logo as it is
54%
I like the existing logo, but I'd like to see some small updates, like a new font
15%
I'd like to see a newly redesigned logo since I don't like the existing one
31%

Total votes: 26

downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

boards could use a little wake to indicate speed. .. plus more rooster :lol: :lol:
Joostio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Joostio »

logo design is not easy at all as 4J is finding out. to convey a feeling or idea as simply as possible is an art form. for ideas, constructive criticism I really like www.signs101.com . I get a lot of help on that site for the signs and stickers I do. Keep the good idea's flowing.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

downwind dave wrote:boards could use a little wake to indicate speed. .. plus more rooster :lol: :lol:
That could be combined - didn't the froth behind hi-speed boats used to be called a 'rooster tail'? :)

I like the last 4J version a lot better than the 3rd (boards in that didn't have enough contrast); but actually liked v.1 quite well, especially using the script as the froth on the wave top. (and I also thought the rooster head could be a good conversation starter; except you'd need to be a regular reader of all the trivia on here to be able to explain it - maybe it would work for a select wavesailcamp participant shirt). THe wave needed to be just a little less waterspout-like, but only a little.

For a major tweak of the current logo, the version posted by T on pg 2 I thought had some great elements - using the side 'swish' as a kite worked, and both kiter and wser were very animated but clear.
~~~~~4j~~
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

Thanks Joostio, I was hoping you'd pipe in. I'll have a look at that site. I'm more interested in helping to get something interesting on a one-off T-shirt than creating a (semi-)permanent logo for BWD. That said, I'm happy to contribute ideas.

I was really hoping that I wouldn't be the only one posting sketches (discounting Trogdor)! I would like to see other people's ideas -- especially from "real" artists (I have no art training).

Thanks for all the suggestions. MF4 I like your idea of a shirt for the Oregon group. DWD, I will work on making the boarders look more like they are moving, not just plastered on the page.
Last edited by ~~~~~4j~~ on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joostio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Joostio »

phrase for shirts:

I (heart symbol) wind
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

How about - "got wind?" :lol:
My other hobby is channel surfing
otherside

Post by otherside »

Here is my design offer for the back of a t-shirt. I needs to be produced by a good shop like Team Sales in Victoria (Moreno is my rep). The design should be on a colour like I have suggested, so both the black and white inks are easily seen. Also, it should go on 100% cotton. Not sure how to add a second attachment so the next one will be another colour option. Anything fairly bright will work. Not dark and not light.[/img]
Attachments
another colour file to be added
another colour file to be added
stoke_green.jpg (882.14 KiB) Viewed 1794 times
otherside

Post by otherside »

See notes in previous email

Here is the other colour sample. And the file is smaller, so that it is easier to see the whole thing.

Thanks Eastside for gathering all the words..
Attachments
stoke_orange.jpg
stoke_orange.jpg (472.79 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/Members/Com ... 12#winners

Some recent examples of very cool designs for the windsurfing/kiteboarding Australian site "Seabreeze.com". These are the sort of graphic ideas I like for BWD Tees and Hoodies.
Poultry in motion
Sandy Beach

top designs

Post by Sandy Beach »

Otherside: nice work to incorporate STOKE and relevant terms in a eyecatching way! Thank-you for your contributions. One correction, BigWaveDave.ca (not dotcom)

Winddoc, great seabreeze link for more ideas on shirt graphics.
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
~~~~~4j~~
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

Thank you Otherside!

Hey Winddoc, that is a great link! That is what I'm talkin' about! LOTS of beautiful artwork and creative ideas...I may have to borrow from some for my next design.
otherside

Post by otherside »

Here is a smaller version with the .ca correction. Please post any notes to Eastside.
Attachments
wind t-shirt-1.jpg
wind t-shirt-1.jpg (216.65 KiB) Viewed 1677 times
wind t-shirt-1.jpg
wind t-shirt-1.jpg (418.94 KiB) Viewed 1677 times
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Some clever things done with wind vectors - interesting stuff, WDoc! Some great ideas to plagiarise!
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

'my other shirt is a wetsuit" :lol: :lol:
Jfish

Post by Jfish »

I like otherside's design for a T-Shirt. I know this is the logo forum, but didn't know where else to post re T-Shirt Design.

In my mind, simple is better for a logo and I am okay with the existing one, though will continue to ponder other ideas.