car rental in Baja

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
scarlet

car rental in Baja

Post by scarlet »

Interested to know cost of car rental( insurance etc) in Baja. Plan to drive from Cabo to La Ventana. Stay one week. Any info appreciated. Thanks
Vik

Re: car rental in Baja

Post by Vik »

scarlet wrote:Interested to know cost of car rental( insurance etc) in Baja. Plan to drive from Cabo to La Ventana. Stay one week. Any info appreciated. Thanks

There are quite a few options - online searches will be your best bet for accurate rates as things change frequently.[/url]
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com
AC

Post by AC »

May i suggest taking photos of all of the scratches and Damage .
They tried to charge me last time for some scratches i did not do .
It turned into a heated argument . I wish i could have avoided that .
In the long run , they never charged me.
I think i payed 650 for 14 days. From Lavanata Air Port
eastside

Post by eastside »

Rent 5 economy cars for the same price as 1 mini van?
scarlet

Post by scarlet »

Thanks for the info. I was particularly interested in the cost of the insurance as I imagine Visa gold card insurance won't cover car rentals in Mexico.
blackdogvan

Post by blackdogvan »

Your cc insurance is ok there, it's still companies like hertz & budget. I have done very well going from booth to booth in the cabo airport getting lower & lower quotes. X2 on documenting dings before leaving.
Cj

Post by Cj »

I trusted that Visa covered the insurance with Avis but I didn't look into it. You should call Visa before you go and make sure. It's probably a good idea to get there insurance anyway.

Also if your looking to save money and plan to spend most your time in La Ventana you don't really need a car there. If you find someone doing a supplies run into La paz, convoy in and return the car at the airport there for 50$ charge.
somebody said " go fly a kite".
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Is there a bus that goes from Cabo to LaVentanna? Or Cabo to Lapaz?
solasurf

Post by solasurf »

yes there is a bus. I remember taking a cab from the airport to a bus depot, and then the bus takes 3hours to La Paz. From there we had to get a friend in La Ventana to pick us up. But just thumbing a ride in the back of a pick-up truck is always an option too. People are friendly.
Anyways, I don't remember how much it cost for the bus, just that it was cheap.

Good luck. And have fun in La Ventana!
Nimpkish-Bill

Car rentals

Post by Nimpkish-Bill »

Just returned from baja today. Fox rents cars for $8 a day plus $ 20 for ins. small cars but they get you around. Cabo airport was the location. Buses are a pain but go onto ventanna view and post a ride needed, maybe get lucky.
scarlet

Post by scarlet »

Thanks again all. Small car from Cabo it will be!