board on the plane......

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
halifaxkitesurfer

board on the plane......

Post by halifaxkitesurfer »

hi yall. am wonderin if anyone has experience taking a kiteboard on teh plane with a bag? should i bubble wrap it? cardboard box? what's the best way!

Kevin V.
Stammy

Post by Stammy »

Take off your fins, handle, and straps. It'll make it easier during transport. Bubble wrap is good and styrofoam along the edges helps as well.

Good Luck
chris w

Post by chris w »

Windshield store is a good place to get higher density 'insulation' type split foam rolls, this goes all round the edges and then wrap with pallet cling wrap. I left the grab handle on for convenience.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Board on the plane

Post by KUS »

Board on the plane?? I'm always bored on the plane....

Not being a kiter (yet, ha!) correct me if I am way off here but...... :shock:

Isn't this the same kind of board you fellow shredding kiters use to, let's see..... :roll: bonk offa logs and railings, attach them while still on the beach and slide over the reef into the water, slam it into the shorebreak while walking the kite toward the water.....ah, ya think the airline personnel will be harder on 'em? :D
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
halifaxkiter

thanks yall

Post by halifaxkiter »

those are great suggestions....

taking the fins off is a great idea!

i think i'll leave the foot pads on though as they are pretty tricky...

keeping it in perspective is key though as we are pretty hard on stuff aren't we???

thanks guys,

Kevin