Any kite boarders on denman or hornby island?

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
mattyboy

Any kite boarders on denman or hornby island?

Post by mattyboy »

Just looking for some kite friends as I am on denman this summer.
Jim

WHERE IS A GOOD LAUNCH SPOT ON HORNBY?

Post by Jim »

I can't think of a spot to launch. Anybody ever sailed there?
Jim Richardson
Victoria BC
SaltSpringKiterPeaceGuy

denman...

Post by SaltSpringKiterPeaceGuy »

hey there, i was up there for a fall, winter, spring and summer. there was one session i scored on the east side of the island....it's a tough go up there. not much wind at all. hopefully you can make it to port or nitinaht. you're also closer to Nimpkish than most of us, which is a plus. Happy sailing.
Kevin

If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy. Be content with what you have take joy in the way things are. When you realize you have all you need, the World belongs to you.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I have seen it rip through at the ferry terminals gap between Denman and main isle, doubt the ferry would love to see kiting happening in there but wind seemed very steady and solid. Maybe u could launch at the waterfront pub just upwind :?: don't exactly recall the dock and beach set up, it's been a decade or more :roll: The north spit also looks like a nice sand bar upwind
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia (Tribal) /Aztron

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

The spit on the north end looks like it could be very fun. Saw it on a strong SE, could see waves breaking along it, and butter on the lee side. With a boat / jetski, looks like an adventure.