Deck pad glue

General discussions about wingfoiling: equipment, tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, pump safety.
slake
Website Donor
Website Donor

Deck pad glue

Post by slake »

Is it fine to use a two part regular epoxy to glue the deck material back in these photos? I don't have a ton of adhesives at home. Is it worth getting something different? better? Weird that I've nicked that same place on two boards in the past few weeks. The other one is a smaller tear and it is gone.
IMG_1023 2.jpeg
IMG_1026 2.jpeg
bwd
Developer
Developer

Re: Deck pad glue

Post by bwd »

Clean it and then put contact cement on both contact surfaces. The epoxy might just crack off, not sure.
smartang

Post by smartang »

Contact cement works as long as you clean off the residue. 3m double sided transfer tape is the best option (not the thick stuff from a hardware store). A small tube of contact cement is a lot cheaper, but the 3m stuff is nice to have on had for arts and crafts.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B007Y7 ... =UTF8&th=1
~~~~~4j~~
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

For a non-yellowing option I like to use Automotive Goop or E6000 (they seem to be the same thing but the E6000 has a better applicator nozzle). It stays flexible like contact cement, but dries clear, and it also allows for a bit of adjusting after you mate the pad to the deck. Tip: apply a light coat of Vaseline to the cap threads so you can open it easier next use.
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/e600 ... 0004p.html