Used gear swap meet....windsurf & kitesurf

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.

Would you be interested in a local buy/sell/swap meet for used windsurf/kitesurf gear?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:03 pm

Yes, I have stuff to sell
67%
Yes, I want to buy something
33%
No
No votes

Total votes: 18

Joe

Used gear swap meet....windsurf & kitesurf

Post by Joe »

Here's my first try at setting up a poll.

How many people are interested in having a local swap meet to buy & sell used windsurfing and kitesurfing stuff? Maybe sometime in late September. These types of events are great for people who want to get started in the sport for a decent cost. It'll be no good if everyone were to be there to sell stuff without a significant number of buyers, so, how many of you who would attend would be potential buyers? How about sellers? Are you interested in windsurfing stuff or kitesurfing stuff?
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

a swap would be cool ... i have heaps of old sails/boards collecting dust ... i would also be browsing to buy if something tickles my fancy
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I'm in. It would be great. We should possibly have 2, one at the end of summer as suggested and one in May. It could even be used as a small fundraiser for this site. if it goes ahead and you want some help, count me in. I can't get the poll to work, so

Buy & Sell for me.
Last edited by Gareth on Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its all about the adventure and stoke!
windsurf247

gear swap

Post by windsurf247 »

I'm in too. As I've mentioned before, there are loads of beginners out there who would love to get their hands on ANY gear - especially camless sails, bigger boards, booms, masts etc etc. Nothing fancy - old and dusty will at least get them on the water. There are LOTS of people who aren't able to sail right now because they can't find gear that fits their budget. Let's all empty our basements/ garages etc and hook these people up so they can get sailing.
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Count me in. Um, unless it's super windy... :D
colin

Post by colin »

looks like its a buyers market so far
kite+waves=!
Graham

Post by Graham »

Good on you Joe. I'm in as a seller, but think spring would be the better time - when everyone's all revved up for the coming season.

Post by Guest »

Sure. Sounds like fun! I got stuff to sell and I'd like to buy a few things too. We could have a big noisy party too to make it even more fun! :D :D

:arrow: Just turned Pro - mb !
JL

Post by JL »

I'm in...Maybe even some free stuff......Maybe Ocean Rodeo could put on a demo...How about the 'top secret kite surf local D.V.D.!!!
Thermals are good.
Brodie

Post by Brodie »

Well I'm as new as it comes, so I'd definitely like to check out some gear. I need to get more of an idea as to what I should be using as a beginner, starting spots, etc. I'll keep an eye on the site for any indication of the swap
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I would vote for having it at Caddy Bay, have one ref supervising the price-marked gear with a "flexibility cheat sheet" and the buyers. All the seller could then have a safety/ refreshment meeting at Smugglers? :twisted:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
JL

Post by JL »

& Doodson selling t-shirts to support this site !!!
Thermals are good.
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

KUS wrote:All the seller could then have a safety/ refreshment meeting at Smugglers?
i'm down with that Image
Wavos Rancheros

swaparama

Post by Wavos Rancheros »

My girlfriend is definitely in the "beginner's market", and would love to browse/buy, probably in the spring is best. Hope it helps out this site too!
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

sounds good if I am back on the coast I would be interested in checking out and possible putting up stuff for sail.
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!