Gordon's Beach Streaming Video

What's new on the website
bwd
Developer
Developer

Gordon's Beach Streaming Video

Post by bwd »

We now have streaming video at Gordon's Beach from cam#1. Just in time for winter....oh well it will be there next year too. There are two versions - the first has faster refreshing but might not work behind some firewalls (option 1). The second is slower but should work for most people (option 2). Use option 1 if it works for you.

Also the image only shows for 2 minutes. You can keep it going by refeshing the page (F5), but try not to watch it for too long since it will chew up lots of bandwidth.

I also added a Show Last 10 images link on cam#1. This was all possible since I bought a new, faster computer for the weather station and the webcam since the old one died.

So what next? Maybe streaming video at Island View - it's possible but we would need a new computer...

dave
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

Cool! New and improved! This site just continues to rise through the stratoshpere! :D

Perhaps before any more cams or computers an ability to donate by Paypal? :?: We need to help fund this thing afterall, and some of us are way to lazy to write cheques :oops:

Good work Dave!
Vive et Ama
JL

Post by JL »

Streaming good !!!
Thermals are good.
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

very nice bwd!

... donations via paypal would be cool and i'm sure more people would be inclined to use it if available

cheers
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

not sure what is involved in registering as a public service, charitable organization but since the site provides community/ weather info and promotes safety this might be worth looking into as well. I know more $$ would also flow if some of it is tax deductible. KC7 and the like may know more about this :P
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....