nano

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
~ pimp hand ~

nano

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

http://www.apple.com/ca/ipodnano/

basically a 4gb photo ipod shuffle with a regular ipod interface ... say goodbye to hard drives in the very near future ... it should be uncomprehensibly cool ... plus, they make the little bastard in black :P ... anyone wanna buy my 15gb?
Last edited by ~ pimp hand ~ on Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bwd
Developer
Developer

nice

Post by bwd »

Very cool. It makes my 30gb photo look like a tank. Damn. I might have to leave my van unlocked at Kook again :D
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

now all we need is to waterproof it!
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

kitesurferdale wrote:now all we need is to waterproof it!
Otterbox makes a waterproof case for the ipod and the mini, so I'd think they would make one for the nano too. The mini version was $65 at London Drugs. I'm not sure where you get waterproof headphones though.
dave
tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by tempy »

That's nothing - check out the flea!

http://gprime.net/video.php/ipodflea

:lol:
JL

Post by JL »

That 'Bites' !!!Image
Thermals are good.
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

i'm luvin' my new 4GB nano ... it's so F-ing tiny!

i've heard complaints that the screen scratches too easy but i don't give a rat's azz as long as it still plays! you can always leave protective mylar on it or even buy after market protective shizzle

btw, how's da 15gb treatin' you Stephen? did you dump my library off it yet?

peace_out
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

~ pimp hand ~ wrote:i've heard complaints that the screen scratches too easy but i don't give a rat's azz as long as it still plays! you can always leave protective mylar on it or even buy after market protective shizzle
Yeah it looks like you can't even drive over it without it getting scratched:
http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/nano.ars/3

BTW, not sure about the Nano, but my photo iPod is soft like butter and it scratches very easily. Like you said, a protective case does the trick...

I'm proud of myself for not buying one yet. I've been very careful about not looking at one in the stores (I know if I see it I'll want it).
dave
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

:) i hear ya dave .... that's a good article/review, i saw that before and i was almost convinced ... then when i actually got one in my hands and played with it for a bit i was SOLD ... that and finding a home for my old iPod justified tha purchase ... i suggest going down to tha store and check one out 4 urself brah, don't forget your visa :wink: ... oh, i wasn't finding any black 4GB's at stores so i ordered from apple.ca(free engraving of course) ... got here in about a week

your photo iPod is nothing to scoff at, in fact they're pretty tight! ... i'm sure you could flip it for a reasonable price and downgrade/upgrade depending how you look at it
JL

Post by JL »

Thermals are good.
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

jimmy lewis wrote:You would have more fun with this: http://www.bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/viewto ... =6860#6860
can't argue with that ... but i'm waiting for tha 06 shiznit
JL

Post by JL »

After spending an hour trouble shooting an I-river unit. (firmware upgrade solved problem) & fighting with the silly controls, I am a BIG fan of apples gear. & the software supplied with the I-river is worthy of ~1995 nintendo.MAN, I love venting on this site !!!
Thermals are good.
globe

Post by globe »

ive got a 5gb M-Robe its a piece, don't buy it, it looks cool but if you try to make it play music...
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

Hey JL - I am with you bitching about how useless the interface/control is on the iriver units. totally non-intuitive. However, the recording is incredible, and from what I hear, far beyond what apple or anyone else is doing. Combine it with the reactive sounds mic's (www.reactivesounds.com) and you have got the smallest, clearest recorder.

If i was only playing, the nano would be my choice.
Vive et Ama
JL

Post by JL »

Thanks K.S.K.K. & nice 'plug' for Tam & Gerry !!!
Thermals are good.