Ocean Rodeo Only

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
josh lewis l4kitecore

Post by josh lewis l4kitecore »

i am airush team rider and formally OR rider

love to be a part of this whole thing....

oh yeah i am, i kite , iteach, and i promote safety and fun.

hey so is this charity.. siiiiiiick we ARE ALL in this together

have fun and if anyone ill love to fill in...

better get this rat poison out my pocket???

good on ya former crew and nothing is past and all future so get it done have FUN....

best wishes www.l4kitecore.com
KITER MARK

Post by KITER MARK »

TO ROSS AND ALL THE FUNDRAISERS GOOD ON YOU....YOU CRYBABIES WHO ARE OUT FOR THIS FOR YOURSELF YOU MAKE ME SICK.....YOU CAN HAVE MY SPOT......
Rob D

Nice Work Dan

Post by Rob D »

Nice work Dan. Just be careful of the brown clowd out in the Juan.
Gerry

have a good look at yer selves people

Post by Gerry »

What's all this then!!
Complaints. Sniffling. Oh they won't allow ME to go with them, I won't be the one the crowds bow down to, I won't have my name on some list as being someone that tried to kite across the great divide.

Grow up people (the lurkers and complainers) , it's an event for charity, one of many that go on in these parts. Sponsor someone, stand on the cliff's and cheer them on.

Try not to act like our current governing body

Gerry
asscrack

event

Post by asscrack »

Hey there must be a lot of frustrated kiters out there!Tranquilla guy's!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
Darwin

Local Involvement- Straight crossing

Post by Darwin »

There has been alot of talk about the crossing by kiters and not enough action. First, Ocean Rodeo is a well respected local company always willing to help the kiting comunity. They have generously offered to help Daniel O'Sullivan with this fundraiser and should definitely be involved. When I first heard of the event, I thought it was great idea and happy that it was in Victoria. It never once occurred to me that this was about turf and who flys what brand of kite. I belive the main irrirtation for many of the locals is the lack of involvement, myself included. A solution to this could be in the form of a small exhibition along the water front prior to and during the crossing. Many of us will most likely be kiting that day anyway. If we were to get organised and plan to have a proper water demonstrations and static displays (near clover point) there would be greater oportunity to showcase our sport as well raise more money and awareness for the Fire Fighter's Burn fund. The spectators will sure as hell enjoy watching the locals pop huge air and bigger crashes than watch a handfrull of kites fade into the distance. I will email you Daniell for sugestions and ideas if you have not already made some regarding our local involvement. I support your fundraising effort and wish to help.
kitesurferdale

kitesurferdale aka Dale Moffatt

Post by kitesurferdale »

You know, this crossing sounds awsome!!, I speak without consulting anyone on the particuars, but hey if more people wanted to participate, if they were to organize more boats themselves, would that possibly open up the chance others could participate on this journey of charity. I myself would love to give it a go, but realistically realize I probable do not have the skills to venture out on a crossing like this YET.... any how, major kudos to ocean rodeo, the riders and especially to the gent who has taken the initiative to organize this event. Is there arrangements for it to be video taped or photographed???