Lost Board Columbia Beach

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Toner

Lost Board Columbia Beach

Post by Toner »

Oct 24 @ 2.00pm Columbia Beach lost kite surfing board- Naish 141 red and black and white, walked the beach till 5.30, no luck tide was going out this afternoon.
A Big reward if found. 100$
Tony 1-250 741-0370 or email
any suggustions ?
rip it up
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I lost my board at Cook ST and it went out on the current and apparently ended up on Trial Island. About 3 days later, I received a phone call from a fisherman who had found it. I had an evening session at IV which ended in the pouring rain. The next day I received a phone call from the park ranger saying that he had my harness. I know that this is after the fact, but it really helps to write your name and tel. # on your gear. So far that small action has saved me lots of $$$$.
Its all about the adventure and stoke!
Voostra

Post by Voostra »

Check with out upisland friends at http://www.goosespit.com/

(someone found one)

Post by Guest »

haha I read that post too, that would be pretty ironic if the board from columbia ended up at litterally the only other kiting spot north of there, quite possible though, with the wind direction in the straits....
??

Post by Guest »

:roll: :roll:
globe

Post by globe »

no luck with the board?? :(
tonyw

Post by tonyw »

No Luck, I ran a add in the Parksvile paper and left my name with the Parksvile and Comox Police.
When I got into trouble I was way out in the striaght, I think with the tides a current it could end up some where north.
I am losing hope, but have not purchased a new board yet.
Thanks Tony
globe

Post by globe »

maybe someone has a spare board you could borrow in the mean time? Before running out and buying a new board, incase you do still find yours? ... anyone have something?