Cook Street Health Stories!

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
extremekindness Erik

Cook Street Health Stories!

Post by extremekindness Erik »

I thought it would be valuable to start a list of health problems that ocean users experienced that they thought were ocean use related.
(I don't mean catching your board in the crotch rather issues that you feel may have been related to gross stuff in the water)

I believe that it's the stories that really create movement.

For example..
It was just recently, after years of health complaints and tragic losses (a family member included), that 5 deadly types of cancers were officially recognized as occupational hazards for firefighters in Canada thus creating medical and financial support for fire fighters suffering from these debilitating diseases.

It started with people sharing their stories. It's really hard to link health problems back to the source but when the stories from people directly involved begin to accumulate it's hard to turn a blind eye.

This would serve to contribute to the awesome dialogue already going on.

Once again here are my concerns....

-Perpetual, stuffy, runny, post kitesurf nose. (I know post surf nasal drip and this is not it)
-Cuts not healing and getting infected on my feet. Despite polysporin and tea tree oil.
-Eye infection. Never had one in my life until I kitesurfed at Cook St.
-Ear infection. Nothing serious but still, I feel, polluted water related.

Thanks.

Enjoy the winter..
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

A great idea Erik. Although I personally don't have any stories, I know several who do, so I hope they post.

Cheers,
Paul
Vive et Ama