The News Years dip and sip(hot chocolate?)

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

windwoman

Post by windwoman »

.........the fully loaded chiliwagon will be there. I'll bring the chili, buns, bowls,utensils,plates and something to put on them.......chocolate cake? cookies? Any volunteers want to bring something warm to drink and cups? We can heat it up in the RV. Should be about six of us including wild toddlers and geriatric dog........possibly more.
windwoman

Post by windwoman »

..........almost forgot.........I'll bring the medical kit if there's going to be a soccer game with Bobson. I quess we can use some of the kindling for splints in a pinch!?
wreckless rick

other activities

Post by wreckless rick »

As well as soccer, we could have paddleboard races. Just in case proper ritualistic sacrifices have not been observed and the wind fails us. (Currently, I have made the great sacrifice of only drinking India Pale Ale from now till the New Year). I have four sets of kayak paddles. This could also involve other family members as long as they had a wetsuit. There will be a handicap system, 0 litres for Bobson, everybody else can choose what works best( this doesn't mean Bobson is handicapped) . Unfortunately he will probably win with those gorilla arms. I will bring plenty of kindling to get the fire going or....... in case we play soccer.
TURTLE

Fireplace for the Dip & Sip

Post by TURTLE »

No luck with the portable fireplace. I have wood.

Turtle.
Russian Dood

Re: other activities

Post by Russian Dood »

wreckless rick wrote: 0 litres for Bobson....
That's great idea! And no paddle!

I saw him towing his barndoor with this 747's wing attached to it, he looked like a 1500 hp tag boat! He moved a couple of reef off his way! :shock:
Cancer must die!
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Swimming...

Post by Bobson »

Ya, thanks Russian dude!!! It wasn't a bad swim in my 3/2...I must have some innner warmth going on as it wasn't cold at all....maybe cause trying to swim all that board and rig 50 meters was a little taxing on the system...I was probably sweating when I got out....sorry for scaring YOU!

DOOD!! :D
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

New Years Dip and Sip....

Post by Bobson »

Okay, I've got the Hot Chocolate URN...I thought the 100 cup'r should do the trick. I will bring styrofoam cups if Windwoman doesn't already have some and you don't bring your own hot mugs :roll:

Bobsonfest will be arriving 11am(ish) so I'm guessing a good time to start is whenever you want to come. 4-cast is for lotsa wind in the afternoon 2pm onwards...You know...the RED stuff so I'll be there at 11am to hopefully get a couple hours of Formula sailing in before the wind really picks up. Also I'm thinking that ming-ga-ling and Eatin' Chilli would be better before the gale force winds pick up...HA!! :P

I'll be brining my 'New' camera to take some pics of people enjoying the wind so bring your gear, family, paddles but with the current 4-cast you can probably leave your balls(soccer) at home. Come ring in the New Year with the the rest of us WINDLUBBERS!! :shock:

If you have time, please post a reply and let me(us) know you're planning on attending so we can have a rough idea of numbers. :D :D :D
JL

Post by JL »

SAMBUCAImage Image Image
Thermals are good.
Starboard Steve

Post by Starboard Steve »

Sounds like too much fun to miss. We'll be there.
tweezer
Website Donor
Website Donor

I'm in

Post by tweezer »

...with bells on.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I have that heatlamp ready to go for the gazebo but would need someone to get it with a truck if anyone's willing (won't fit my van). I figure to arrange that (and gazebo tarping) in the early morning tomorrow when everyone is frantically wanting to rig and sail/kite may not work too well so maybe this aft would be better? MF4?

Also who was gonna poly in the gazebo? JL?

I know my fam won't be into it if they don't have a warm refuge from the 25-30 fer sure and I guess we are looking at weenie roast w/ chilli or something for lunch? I can bring stuff but we need a list, people:

We have:
Hot chocolate & Cups (Bobson)
Chilli (Pat/Rick) & cookies?
Wood (Turtle)
Medical Kit (Pat)
Wieners & buns, condiments (Kus)
Tarp (Bobson)
Poly (JL?)
Heat Lamp (Kus) but it needs a ride
Camera (Bobson)
Sambuca (JL)
A few beers (Kus)

Suggestions of what we might still need:
BBQ or stove for wieners, heating water
Poly
Veggies & dip
Chips
bowls and plastic cutlery
Ride for heatlamp (UVic area, there and back pls)
Beach Tunes ??
Water in jugs & big pot (to warm hands/feet, washing things down etc.)
Sweets, snacks?
Garbage bags

How about it? :P See ya there at 10 now I guess :twisted: [/b]
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
mf4

Post by mf4 »

I can get the heatlamp if no-one is closer (short box, though - 5 ft, about 7 with tailgate down) - would that do it? Can tie all my gear down so it doesn't fall out....

Will bring Christmas baking. I'll also throw in another tarp in case we need it.
Glenda

Post by Glenda »

Kus if I take the seats out of my van I can likely fit the heat lamp in but you would have to transport one of my offspring - I live in Gordon Head close on Tremblay (close to Ash & Torquay) so I am not far.

I can grab some chips and pop to contribute - should I grab some cold beverage cups as well?

For music Bobson has promised me he'll sing if I play the guitar (perhaps I should also bring an industrial package of ear plugs too).
windwoman

Dip and Sip

Post by windwoman »

I'll be bringing bowls,plates and utensils.......enough for approx. 30. We can heat water in the Windwagon.......and hands and feet. I've got three large apple pies.......made by candle power last night when the power outage shut down all our lights and water......now that was interesting!!
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Funny...??

Post by Bobson »

Glenda, I don't find alot of humour in that.

OKAY, THAT'S IT!!! FULL CONTACT WINDSURFING!! :evil:

ps. Just joking!!
pps. Maybe someone else could bring some extra utensils and more cups and plates/bowls the better as they are quite cheap! :D