big sunday

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
moe

big sunday

Post by moe »

killer day at CB,all the victoria contingent with dunacn reps and a good local turnout a good sesh was had by all ,till we got snowed out, big fat waves,and big wind if ya like that sort of thing,paul was going off with a perfectly tweaked forward, followed by a close up boom inspection with his eye into a flawless through sail dive,what do you call that move?
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

dunno but I thought Ozy was gonna do one o' dem today :P Stitches? we wanna see the blood, pictures, trashed gear :twisted: Seriously, hope only Paul's pride is hurt 8)
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

dood im in awe of your clover point pics, that took some ballz to hit that all alone today. :shock: very nice!
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

KUS! I'm in awe of the Hockey Helmet dood. :D :D You should put a brush on the top! See ya later in the year at the lake.
I wish my TOW was longer!
bean

Post by bean »

Unfortunately, Paul put his head through the window of his new 4.0. Double ouch!
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Well we can always buy new sails, as much as that hurts the wallet, bummer as long as the head's ok tho 8)
As far as hitting Clover alone on this crazy day, it may not have been the cleverest thing I've ever done but hey, gotta push the comfort zones sometimes, risk I think was greatest to my gear and pride, not myself :P
As far as my stylish headgear, yes I do recognize some of you are very envious :lol: (of me looking like a dork) in particular since it now sports two retroreflective stickers added to the tuck tape ear-protective support so you can more easily spot my corpse at night among the rocks in the surf :?
Not to belabor the headgear issue but it once again took a decent shot from the board rails yesterday when I got pummeled in the shorebreak during a moment of inattention :oops: and once during a beautiful forward vault against the mast at Willows. Can't fathom some of ya are still not wearing one on nutso days like that :roll: whatever
Last edited by KUS on Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wish less, sail more!!

mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

Amen on the helmet! I was serious.

I'm all in favour of the "Unihelmet". One that you can wear for ALL sports so that your closet isn't all cluttered up with helmets of diferent kinds shapes and colors.

In my opinion, the hockey helmet is the top candidate for the Unihelmet. It breathes like a bike helmet, it has nice waterproof foam padding inside, it's manly looking, it adjusts for different sized heads (Bobson take note :wink: ), comes in primary colors to match your board, and has screwholes on it to accomodate various accessories, and you can buy one second hand with lots of life left for $8.00 ...
I wish my TOW was longer!
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

I lost my helmet last spring, been risking the noggin since. Couldn't wear it and my hood at the same time anyway. Will hockey fit over the hood? I guess two helmets is an option for $8 - Sports Traders?

I hope Paul was thoughtful enough to just do one panel - its new, maybe its under warranty? (Kidding)
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

hockey helmet is reasonably warm by keeping the wind off, not so great if you bob for salmon. I fit a toque underneath mine but pretty squishy but you could easily adjust it to fit the hood. 8)
I will likely buy another one, one that doesn't look quite a dorky, maybe a yellow or red one for viz :twisted:
Wish less, sail more!!

chewy

Post by chewy »

Hey MF4, I bought a Predator helmet, it is one size with different inserts you can put in to adjust the fit. This winter I just put smaller inserts in and I can wear it with my hood. It saved me a couple times at Columbia on Sunday as I did I big header into the sail off one of my out of control jumps.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

i just bought a gath which i found out wont fit over my hood. so now ill be red protec helmet dave in the winter and yellow helmet dave in the summer - just so you know who youre jibing around...
WindePendanT

Post by WindePendanT »

I've worn my Preditor with and without a hood to.
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

I know for a fact the predator can take a beating, kite leash rebound with tip full force in the back of the head, major headache, no damage except to pride. Ditched the leash that day, yeh...... should get another one, dog ate the insides out of the one I had. helmet that is
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!