WANTED; Kiting buddy

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
windwavegal

WANTED; Kiting buddy

Post by windwavegal »

I am looking for someone who is interested in learning to kite or is just beginning to kite. I want to go up to Raftrevor a few times this summer (on NW) and need someone to launch and land my kite. Would be willing to teach you the basics and hopefully we can both get riding. Also want to kite at Comox this fall. I go to Ninat often. Anyone interested?
Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

Hi Windwave,

for the best NW check out Lantzville (Sebastian Rd, or Oar Rd) best at low tide for their sandy beaches. Some light NW happens in Parksville - San Pariel neighbourhood just north of Rathtrevor is best, again at lowish tide for a nice big sandy beach. This spot is better for SE which we get more of.
I live in Parksville so could give you a launch when you're in town. Sandy beaches perfect for self launching too. Just check the tide charts.

Matt
Signature Block.
windwavegal

Post by windwavegal »

Thanks Matt,
Appreciate the info. Which turn off is the San Pariel neighbourhood?
Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

Go past the Esso station 200 m, first right just before the orange bridge. Drive to the water, turn right and find the beach access closest to Rathtrevor.
Signature Block.
wagoman

kiting buddy

Post by wagoman »

hi WWG, hey, i'm looking for you too. i've had a few lessons, years ago, got all the gear, but never been since, dont know anyone to go with . i live in nanaimo.