Paintball or DISC GOLF BWD Fundraiser?

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.

Would you participate in a Paintball Fundraiser for BWD?

Yes, absolutely
73%
No, I am lame ;)
No votes
Only if it isn't windy
27%

Total votes: 11

Wavos Rancheros

DISC GOLF = IN

Post by Wavos Rancheros »

Good Idea Kus, might be able to swing that, but NOT the long weekend would be best for me mate!
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Hi,

I would be more interested in a swap and BBQ, as time is at a premium with kids sport, my sport, wife's sport etc. I would also try the disc golf if there are no conflict.

Whatever / whenever, I will support it if I can.

I was just thinking---You know how when your partner tries to organize something on a weekend and you start hedging because there is wind in the forcast, well this has to be the ultimate worst group to try and get to comit to a daytime activity on a weekend.

Maybe we should look at doing something in the evening?
Its all about the adventure and stoke!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Got a list of potential attendees going.....since this weekend is a non-wind sunny forecast, why not try for this Saturday 8)

Anyone into it? I know longer term planning sucks cuz we might get rain or wind, so how about it???? :P
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

i can't, but realize that my attendence at any event is now extremely unlikey due to a variety of circumstances. But, you all, get busy and have some fun! i will just have to throw some $$ dave's way to support the event.

Cheers!
Vive et Ama
asscrack

fund raiser

Post by asscrack »

Hey Kuz,I too will be unable to make it .I have a lot of schooling to do.But I also would like to give some $$ towards the cause.Looks like it is going to be great weather for it.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Soooo, looks like there is little interest for this....at least for this Saturday. Guess we're back to October 7th, if at all :roll: AC will contribute crab feast so maybe that'll get ya motivated, wohoo :twisted:
Wish less, sail more!!

colin

Post by colin »

i'm in forsure, where is this going to happen?
kite+waves=!
bwd
Developer
Developer

Thanks Kus, AC, Kite Kook

Post by bwd »

KUS wrote:Soooo, looks like there is little interest for this....at least for this Saturday. Guess we're back to October 7th, if at all :roll: AC will contribute crab feast so maybe that'll get ya motivated, wohoo :twisted:
A crab feast would be wicked. Thanks for trying to get this going Kus, hopefully you'll get some more feedback. I'm away Oct 7/8 for work (doing a survey off Galiano Isl), so I might miss it :( , but if I'm away then the odds are that it will be windy anyway.
dave
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Saturday @11. Sunny Forecast. Malahat Disc course (if you haven't been there, 'tis truly a beauty spot and no experience required ;) ) http://www.malahatdiscgolf.ca/course.php

Can I get an indication that more than 5 people will show up? PM me or post on here or message board. If so I will bring a few things, beers, tarps (to lay out gear), used gear4sale, and set up teams & swap table/bid sheets etc.

I envision that people will play in teams of 4, peruse the gear and bid toward asking prices, have a BBQ and a beer, donate $5 to the site. C'mon out, confirmation of event tomorrow at 9!! 8)
===========================
Malahat DiscGolf Directions: Course Location - 782 Ebadora Lane

30 minutes North of Downtown Victoria, BC, CANADA and just 15 minutes from Langford, Malahat Disc Golf is just off of HWY 1. Take the Trans Canada (Hwy 1) North from Victoria, just past Shawnigan Lake Road, and turn left at Whittaker Rd (Spectacle Lake turn off). Whittaker road quickly winds to the left, but stay straight and the road becomes Ebadora Lane. The course is the 2nd driveway on the left.

MDG is 1 hour south of Nanaimo, Take HWY 1 South, past the small town of Mill-Bay, and turn right on to Whittaker Road (Spectacle Lake turn off). Whittaker road quickly winds to the left, but stay straight and the road becomes Ebadora Lane. The course is the 2nd driveway on the left.
Wish less, sail more!!

KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

EVENT IS OFF DUE TO NO CONFIRMATIONS OF PARTICIPATION, SORRY :?
Wish less, sail more!!