Wetsuits/Drysuits/Winter temps...

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

How did you learn that lesson?

Oh and are you sure you didn't mean you are MORE inclined to try them on?
Don't forget to bring a towel!
duckbill

mutant

Post by duckbill »

I use a mutant, very comfortable, but, anything under 8 degrees, and I wear a nylon dry top over the suit, toasty.
like a duck to water
Johnnyman

Post by Johnnyman »

I have to say I love my ION Quantum 5/4. It's smooth skin with an incredibly comfy inner face, super stretchy and oh so warm. It's pretty much a dry suit, the wrists, ankle and neck jersey keeps the water out well. I'd agree that the surf type suits are more durable but this suit is easy to put on and is a wind sport specific cut. No sitting on barnacles though! I had a problem with the back waterguard panel that had to be beefed up but this was fixed under warranty. I wanted to like the mutant and tried one on 3 separate times but it was too difficult to put on and harder to take off for me. I'm sure it's a fantastic suit, people seem to love it and sing it's praises but a back zip suit is the choice for me. This ION is the best suit I've ever owned I'd buy one again.