collarbone

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

Geez Joostio I don't think they makes anyone feel better. How'd you do in your femur? Bummer!
I wish my TOW was longer!
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

hey quit drifting the thread Joostio :evil: This is a 'collarbone' thread :!: :wink: :wink:

Femurs are pretty hard to break, though kiters seem to be managing! Yes, back story please. That SUCKS!!!
Joostio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Joostio »

I broke it at work, fell off a ladder doing a phone install. Funny thing is, my surgeon is a kiter and is trying to convert me. Good thing he's not a brain surgeon, they may have the powers and skill to convert some one.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

wow joost that does suck! puts a little perspective on my little busted bone, which seems to be healing up fine so far.
morewind

"Gentlemen we can rebuild him .."

Post by morewind »

this doesn't rank against Joostio's femur break, but it's my first broken bone -- took 51yrs to get there ... some shots for the archives ... cycling crash about a week ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-D99_UBhaU
Attachments
WP_20141021_004 (Large).jpg
WP_20141021_004 (Large).jpg (64.1 KiB) Viewed 2633 times
WP_20141021_003 (Large).jpg
WP_20141021_003 (Large).jpg (86.65 KiB) Viewed 2633 times
WP_20141021_001 (Large).jpg
WP_20141021_001 (Large).jpg (82.43 KiB) Viewed 2633 times
Joostio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Joostio »

That's some nice metal you got in there! Ouch! I'm 6 months out since break and surgery, walking with a limp but the leg is getting stronger. Almost tried sailing last weekend. Very soon I hope. Broken bones suck! At least I will be ready for ski season. I've been doing a lot of fishing this summer and I did surf twice. Can't wait to ride my bike, sailboard and ski again. Been too long. I should see if I can post pics of my latest 2 breaks. The femur was in April, right wrist 2 years ago. I had external fixation for the wrist, pretty freaky lookin. Good health to all!
SmallWaveSteve

Post by SmallWaveSteve »

Joostio wrote:I broke it at work, fell off a ladder doing a phone install. Funny thing is, my surgeon is a kiter and is trying to convert me. Good thing he's not a brain surgeon, they may have the powers and skill to convert some one.
Hogwash, im sure he has the skills required to covert you to a kiter if he wanted to. Icepick lobotomies are a fairly straight forward procedure :D
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Those screws are gnarly!

Get well soon Mike!
Don't forget to bring a towel!
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Ouch Mike. I hope you heal up fast and can get back on the bike soon. Why does it look like they left some loose screws, staples and misc bits in there...prob not important.
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

:( That's a bummer Mike, I guess you're going to miss some CB days. I hope it heals fast and you get back on the water soon - maybe stay away from bikes tho.
My other hobby is channel surfing
JL

Post by JL »

It looks like you have a case of 'Pac-Man' as well :?
Thermals are good.
Windsurfish

Get better soon!

Post by Windsurfish »

Mountain Biking eh? Looks like they forgot some bike parts in you. I don't think you need to worry about that derailleur in the left-top of the image. Good to have spares when out riding... :)

Here's wishing you a very speedy recovery!!!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

DAMN Mike, that SUCKS :x Sorry to hear that on top of everything else.... Been reasonably lucky despite my deteriorating body I guess. Going mountain biking this weekend, reminder to better take it easy :? :roll:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
thankgodiatepastafobreaky

Post by thankgodiatepastafobreaky »

Hey nurse Jane, Do you know where we left those pliers?

No Doc, but I have all these stainless screws in my drywall kit, where are those drywall screws?
curses - foiled again!
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

take r easy there Mike! i was back on my bike in about 3 weeks and sailing in 6, though i opted to not test it down at Pistol river. sports like supping and biking where the arm stays low were the best to get back into, extended arm sports like surfing/swimming and climbing took a little longer. you should probably see a physio for some rehab stuff, i haven't yet but probably should. :oops: