Best vehicle for Nitinaht logging roads.

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Kevin,

For what it is worth, the subaru legacy wagon I drive has endured that road for 3.5 years on average travelling 2x a week, with me only having to replace one wheel bearing, which was due to my own poor driving. Anyways, it has been amazing, the awd great, the long wheel base stable on the road and fuel is decent enough. The clearance for the snow inthe winter definately acceptable, in fact I towed two ford rangers out of the snow banks two winters ago with it.

Dale
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
SaltSpringKiterPeaceGuy

Post by SaltSpringKiterPeaceGuy »

I have thought about subaru's and you're not the first person to mention it Dale...they are great cars. i owned a 97 and had the head gasket go on it twice. the second time i opted not to spend 2500 and tossed it for 2500. POS. However, that is not to say that the earlier ones were not great, and good on gas. My dream has become a diesel Land Cruiser that will run on Veggie Oil, if I can find a steady source.....mmmmmm.......where could that be? If that doesn't work out, a subaru would be a good bet. I'm aiming to stay up here at least one more winter if not more, and have to sort out a good ride for the snowy logging roads........you coming up tomorrow?
Kevin

If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy. Be content with what you have take joy in the way things are. When you realize you have all you need, the World belongs to you.
Bromeus

Post by Bromeus »

I have a 76 toyota landcruiser. Don't really want to sell but life happens while you're making other plans.
Runs well and will handle the logging roads np.
A little wind kindles; much puts out the fire.
George Herbert
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Umm I thought this was about cars?

yes the later subarus do have head gasket problems, the 2.5 engines to be exact, if the subaru has the 2.2 then you are good to go
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!