Russian Dood - we're thinking of you!

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

"Thinking of you" patch (or TOY patch) PROTOTYPE

Post by C36 »

OK, so here is the reveal. :shock:

The "Thinking of you" patch (or TOY patch) PROTOTYPE was applied to my 5.2 at about 9:45 am on Tuesday, October 4th and was on the water at 9:50. It was in use for about 45 minutes and was up in the air and part of a couple body-only forwards (it helped me to look back while rotating). :D I did a couple with the board too, but later in the session on 6.0 and flatter water so none were fully completed. :oops:

I hope you felt a little blast of positive energy arrive your way yesterday morning! :wink:

Prototype being applied

Prototype in place

Prototype post-session

I hope week 2 is going well!
Russian Dood

Post by Russian Dood »

Wow that looks great!

Now I want one of these to support myself :wink: !

And here is my weekly report. Which is surprisingly not much entertaining as usual. I passed two weeks. Four of them left to go. Everyone is telling me that by week three I should be tired and low energy, but the fact is that it is quite opposite for now. I feel great, my energy level is rising slightly. I sleep better and my wife is less worried. My only concern is "Is this thing dying? Is treatment working?". All though I saw a doctor today and she said that all my tests look good, so I guess the answer would be "yes".

Looks like I am kicking some cancer ass for now!
Cancer must die!
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Way to go Dood!
Don't forget to bring a towel!
morewind

Post by morewind »

Right on Andrei! I think "attitude is everything" counts for a lot in the battle against cancer. You've clearly adopted the right 'tude. :D
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

Great news Andrei! :D
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Andrei, I'm constantly buoyed by your positivity and fearlessness. We're lucky to have you as part of this community. Gratitude!
Poultry in motion
thankgodiatepastafobreaky

Post by thankgodiatepastafobreaky »

Positive thoughts just keep flowing your way DOOD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlrM7H_W ... re=related
curses - foiled again!
Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Russian Dood, wow you are an I inspiration! Positive attitude and dedication to health and well being does great things to $&@? Cancer. I am an oncology nurse for kids and have a little insight into your journey, but not nearly as much as you do. Good friends support and a great attitude help pave the way to health. Love the logo ! Are kiters allowed to put that on their sails? If so I too want to show my support in your journey. Be well be healthy and above all let's get you better to sail your butt of out there. Regards debs :D
Russian Dood

Post by Russian Dood »

Thank you everyone for your wonderful support!

Here is the report #3! The same story not much to report :)

All though I realize that it is getting funny to tell that every week, but besides my face is getting rounder and my uniboob sexier ( no wait loss :shock: ) really nothing to report.

The cancer is going down, I am coming back up. 50% of my radio treatment is passed.

Being on strictly low GI diet sucks. Of course once you get disabled or declined something to eat you crave it. Three more weeks before a backed of ice-cream, a tray of cup cakes, stake with potatoes, a handful of chocolate and other goodies I am not allowed to eat :twisted:

Other than that my treatment is going well :)

Fluffy, everyone is allowed to put those pictures on their kites/sails/cars! More support is better!

Cancer must die!
Cancer must die!
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Great to hear your treatments are going the right way, RD!! Kill that nastiness!! Hope to sail Oregon together yet, and the next session anywhere
with you there will be very special! Hell, even sharing a steak and ice cream sounds like it will be special!
Kite Kook

RD

Post by Kite Kook »

Been thinking of you Andrei, and very happy to hear how it is unfolding thus far!

Hope you can get out to enjoy some of this good weather. Also, eating well is hard, but I think your body will thank you... I'm still trying to learn this lesson!

Later dude!

Paul
Vive et Ama
Russian Dood

Post by Russian Dood »

Weekly report.

This time its one day earlier since I have a little bit to report :)

Thank you Reuben and Chris for inviting me to SUP session and providing a board and a paddle! First session since Aug 1st! It was a great SUPping day with lots of friends on the water! It was good to see Paul supping for the first time like a pro! The other guys were putting a little bit of a show changing the boards doing heads on on SUPs and stuff like that! I have never seen Cook street water so calm from the board. And the water was unbelievably clear! Thank you guys!

Other than that again, I know it is funny, but there's nothing to report. 2/3 of my radio passed. 2 weeks left and after that 6 cycles of chemo.

That's my news :)

Cheers

RD
Cancer must die!
JL

Post by JL »

:!: :!: :!: Thanks for the update :!: :!: :!:
Thermals are good.
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

RD: Glad to hear you were out on the water - that's awesome!!! :D :D :D
Russian Dood - update #3 wrote:The cancer is going down, ...
^^^^^^^^ :D
Russian Dood - update #3 wrote:...I am coming back up...
Russian Dood - update #4 wrote:I know it is funny, but there's nothing to report. 2/3 of my radio passed. 2 weeks left and after that 6 cycles of chemo.

Keep the 'great news' coming!!!

p.s. One more picture from June 22 (Cape Sebastian)
eastside

Post by eastside »

Where do I get my Russian Dood stickers?