KA 5.9 pinched (stolen?) on Sun at Nitnat

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Randal

KA 5.9 pinched (stolen?) on Sun at Nitnat

Post by Randal »

More fuel for the fire.. My friend and I from the UBC sailing club left a quiver of sails by the board at Ninat on Sunday, $80 each for the 5.9 and 6.6. Sold our big 7.2 to a nice guy from Langley.

It appears that someone pinched our 2001 KA5.9. It is a blue freeride sail, in reasonable shape. Some dude from the Tofino area was really interested in it. KA's are pretty rare around here, so if you see this guy, at least give him a dirty look to shame him into paying for it.

If you are out there, please send a cheque for $80 to:

The UBC sailing club
UBC Alma Mater Society
6138 SUB Boulevard
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1

and all will be forgiven.

Nitnat was great. Very pleasantly surprised.
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Bobson

Post by Bobson »

That's real crappy Randal. It sounded like there were lot O people at the lake this weekend(minus ME) from the log entries. Do you have a picture of it or any distinguishing features of it as the windsurf community is pretty small I'm guessing that someone will see this person(?) sailing it or trying to sell it, if it was pinched by a person that meant to pinch it. So post a picture or a link to a picture of it so we all know what it looks like so if we are at the beach and someone is sailing this sail we know who to give the dirty look to.....I actually would probably just ask 'nicely' where the sail was purchased as talking to people that also sail is a good way to keep the community friendlly and all of us wind-lubbers 2-gether and keep the 'Pinchers' OUT :evil: !!

Good to hear you made it up to Nitinat Randal.....Hope the rest of your sailing was part of the 'Good Times' at the lake 8) .
tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by tempy »

Geez, Randall, that is crappy. People normally leave stuff lying against trees with tags on for days at a time and I have never heard of a problem before. Maybe (just maybe), someone took it to "try before you buy" because they couldn't find you, and are out there waiting to find out where to send the $. So, pay up buddy - now you know where to send the cheque. I hope this doesn't discourage you from bringing more of the Jericho stuff out. Cheers.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

i saw the 7.2 getting rigged up, that 5.9 wont be hard to spot assuming it stops blowing 5.0 every weekend.
did you see it on sunday morning? maybe the dude yelling "wheres the party" at 3am drove off with it. :evil:
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

downwind dave wrote:maybe the dude yelling "wheres the party" at 3am drove off with it. :evil:
ha ha that's classic