BWD fundraiser, Paypal donations etc

What's new on the website
bwd
Developer
Developer

BWD fundraiser, Paypal donations etc

Post by bwd »

Ok, after lots of requests I have added a way to donate to the website using Paypal. You can use a Paypal account or Visa or Mastercard. There is a donation button link on the home page or you can go here:
http://bigwavedave.ca/donate.htm

Please note that Paypal charges a fee for this service as explained on the above link. Also note that any donations are NOT tax deductable.

Thanks everyone for your generous donations so far!!
dave
Last edited by bwd on Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

Thanks Dave - Since I nagged so much, I thought I should be the first. So, $25 or so should be on it's way through cyber space to your account.

Who will join me in $howing their appreciation?? :P

Cheers,
Paul
Vive et Ama
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

»»» donation launched »»»
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

we are off to a good start. let's see if we can keep this thing going!
Vive et Ama
bricktop

Post by bricktop »

Yep we matched you, Kook.
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

excellent Bricktop! You da Man! and woman too, I suppose...

So, yes, I might just be trying to keep this thread alive, but somebody's gotta do it. Right? I mean, this site saves people (collectively) hundreds of dollars in gas! So let's pay a little back to the man who keeps it going.

:D
Vive et Ama
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Didn't write in initially KSKK but I'm into keeping my bets for looping with Dave going (I plan to keep losing, ha!), hard cash tho, no paypal needed! Yes, I'm in again, will match (usually I do the 2x$50 a year, next due at Xmas but I'll pay early to keep the stoke going).

You don't need to encourage me but maybe others who've ridden the free service wave need to kick in a bit here, c'mon folks who have at least SOME means and use this site regularly, buck up! (meant in a nice but cattle-prodding sorta way) 8)
Last edited by KUS on Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia (Tribal) /Aztron

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by tempy »

done. and I agree, lets keep the momentum going :D
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

for those keeping track at home, we are at $125. We are doing well, but it will be a while before we see streaming video at Cook street at this rate :wink:

Look at that wind, eh? Can you feel the momentum building? Maybe the donations and the wind strength are linked...
Who will be next to help this thing grow?
Vive et Ama
colin

Post by colin »

i put $40 in the other day
kite+waves=!
bwd
Developer
Developer

Thank you

Post by bwd »

I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone that has donated money (and time) to the website =D>

Since the Paypal donation button was added at the beginning of September I have received $783.58 ($423.58 Paypal and $360 cheques). Special thanks to Ozy, Kus, Windsurfish, Swissmatt and Graham for their extra large donations. Thank you KSKK (Paul) and Wavos Rancheros (Roger) for the Paypal idea.

Here's the $$ details to date: the Cook webcam is paid off, the Columbia Beach webcam is now 72% paid for, that leaves the Gordons webcam and new computer and the two weather stations that still have to be paid off, or $2940. I am hoping to get this paid off eventually and then upgrade the IV webcam and also upgrade the computer and internet at Columbia. So if you use the site and find it useful, and if you can spare it, please consider a small donation.

Any fundraising or sponsorship ideas are also welcome.
thanks
dave
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

Glad to hear the paypal is working out!

I have possible fundraiser suggestion:

A local kiter/photographer told me he has been thinking of hosting a night at a bar/ UVic for a slide show type of presentation (you know who you are). What if we were to open this up to all local kite/windsurfing photographers/videographers to share their film/footage and make it by donation as a fundraiser for the site?

Is there enough interest in doing this?Is there a photographer who would like to step forward to host/organize the event?

Cheers,
Paul
Vive et Ama
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

OK, gotta keep on this thing :!: People, given over 300 users, @ a measly $10 bucks a head we could have the old stuff paid off, a new cam enroute for winter sailing.....get on it, choke up some dough, and.....what's YOUR excuse all you guest surfers?? With guests chipping in $5 we'd be WAAAAAY up :wink:

Think about how many $$ you have saved NOT driving that gas-pig (speaking for myself) to the beach cuz there's just a fart and you didn't lose points with the significant other for nuttin' :oops:

BWDave, perhaps posting the total raised to date and an occasional update makes people feel like they made things happen, like a thermometer or something?? A semi-transparent new webcam becoming solid and then a clickable link? Just a thought, get that visa out, c'mon people, there's no point in doing this NEXT week, do it NOW :!: :!:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia (Tribal) /Aztron

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
windsurf247

fundraising events

Post by windsurf247 »

How about a Christmas party?? Tickets are $10 each, all proceeds to BWD. We could do the photo thing as well. Just need a venue. A bar or restuarant is a good idea. Any ideas??
Rick

fundraising

Post by Rick »

W247
Good idea Rob. If we found a venue such as a community hall or someplace where the food was cheap such as a BBQ and potluck we could reserve more money for donations. We could bring in unused gear for your Uvic plan. Photo show and maybe some musicians for a dance theme as well. I am sure people have other entertainment ideas. Such as fire dancers, sword swallowers, limbo contest, hula hoop(latest rage), belly dancers(male or female).
Wreckless Rick