local video

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
gmac

local video

Post by gmac »

Hey all, I've stitched some video footage together for your viewing pleasure. It's short, called 100 Seconds, and its up on the Ocean Rodeo website. Check out the site and get to it in the gallery section, right side of the page. Watch Mike hit the camera kite and other fun stuff...
Grant
gmac

Post by gmac »

JL

Post by JL »

Nice Grant !!!
Thermals are good.
Kite Kook

100 seconds

Post by Kite Kook »

hey GMAC, the video rocks! Nice bit o' fun for the kiting crew. Check out the contest at http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2323427

Even if you aren't interested in the contest, it still may be fun to upload the vid to www.kiteforum.tv.

C ya,

Paul
Vive et Ama
asscrack

Video

Post by asscrack »

Great video there grant,hope to see more of your stuff in the future.Love the local talent.Cheers me. :roll:
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
Ridelikehell

Post by Ridelikehell »

cool footage grant. i'm in for holding some camera this summer. i'll have my zodiac at the nat for a while, works good for still shots.
gmac

Post by gmac »

hey thanks Chris, you still on the California/Oregon coast?
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

ps - i love the captain kirk soundtrack. who knew shatner was such a cool dude!
Vive et Ama
Ridelikehell

Post by Ridelikehell »

yeah grant, i'm with adam in newport, or. we've been riding pretty much every day, just heading north very slowly. surf's been pretty big until yesterday but it's supposed to come back tomorrow. there are some great spots and oregon really blows. haven't seen a girl for weeks though! I might hit up the island if the nat looks good or if i can somehow convince myself that it's cheaper to take the ferry and deliver my 16 to ross' kite repair headquarters than to ship the kite there. probably be there next week sometime. I'll give you a call if i'm in town.
tom

unique perspectives

Post by tom »

Interesting, unusual, dynamic work. Tactfully avoids the overdone video cliches. Underwater glimpses blend well with manuevers and unique perspectives of speed. An original approach blended with a dash of good editing and a fresh soundtrack make this sweet, highly rewatchable video Well done G
Looking forward to 200 seconds.
extremekindness Erik

nice work!

Post by extremekindness Erik »

I really enjoyed that! Did you use a pentax digital for those shots. I just got one and am experimenting with some different possibilities myself. Any pointers.

Stoked

P.S. I thought I was the only one to buy HAS BEEN. I love the SHAT. Who knew he could sing/talk. Some classics on on that one.
tom

SHAT

Post by tom »

shatner/kirk/hooker in addition to coming up with some smooth sounds auctioned his kidney stone for charity for a huge $ http://www.williamshatner.com/Article188.phtml
Bradak

Post by Bradak »

Great Video. Love the music. Who was the music? Just hate the free quicktime version,it will not give you the option to save the file? http://oceanrodeo.com/video/100seconds.mov
Sister_Golden_Hair

Post by Sister_Golden_Hair »

"Common People" by Pulp (album "Different Class")
Bradak

Post by Bradak »

thank you