IV Cam direction

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.

Do you want the IV cam moved? Yes for move cam left to kite rigging area, No for leave at windsurf launch

Poll ended at Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:24 pm

yes: move cam left to kite rigging area
78%
No: leave where it is (windsurf launch)
22%

Total votes: 9

more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

IV Cam direction

Post by more force 4 »

As per bwd's request for comments:

Well if enough people want me to I can shift the IV cam left a bit so the left of the image now moves to the right. I don't want to move it too far downwind since the wsurfers sail at the upper parking lot. I just need to know before Sat morning cause that's when I'm climbing the tree of death to open the aperture. - Oct 26 1:56PM
Last edited by more force 4 on Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kite Kook

chicken cam

Post by Kite Kook »

how about pointing it at the chickens in G and K's yard when its not windy...
Vive et Ama
JL

Post by JL »

Dave: How about panning the cam left so that the telephone pole in the centre of the parking lot moves to the right side of the image. Thanks.
Thermals are good.
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

ok due to the overwhelming response :roll: I will move the webcam left slightly. I'll use JL's idea, or possibly Kite Kooks, depending on my mood.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I don't give a crap about seeing people sailing or kiting :D I wanna see the water texture, windline and break area. Whatever angle is best for that depending on the lighting, my two bits. To that end I think it's been just fine, why mess with it :?:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia (Tribal) /Aztron

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

bigwavedave wrote: I'll use JL's idea, or possibly Kite Kooks, depending on my mood.

So long as it isn't left pointing straight up, with scratches caused by a plummetting hand..... Be safe up there (you do have a climbing harness rigged I hope)?! I agree with Kus, the water texture, windline, and shorebreak are the critical things, though it is kind of nice to see if someone is actually out or not.

On a separate note, I think we should get to vote more than once after hitting'superstar' status!!!! :wink:
JL

Post by JL »

'Superstar' status. I earned that in about 1986 !!! I think I'm up to 'babbling twit' by now.
Thermals are good.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

No argument there :lol: it keeps us entertained tho JL 8)

Hey, I'm afraid the cam is too far off the break now :wink: Nice try, thought I'd get a little dig in :D
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia (Tribal) /Aztron

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
JL

Post by JL »

While waiting for the I.V. cam it struck me that if Dave could add the Vic. airport report to the data on the image life would be just a little sweeter.
Thermals are good.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Good idea there, B.T. (aka Jl). For anyone who doesn't know this, the IV wind is often just about halfway between Kelp and Airport readings, so if Airport is 12 and Kelp is 22, its probably around 17 at IV.
JL

Post by JL »

How about the ' B.T.' report !!!???Image
Thermals are good.
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Yep, I moved the cam a little left and opened the aperture a bit...thanks to Kendra for the help. I guess I should have opened it a bit more, but it'll have to do. It will always be darker then the zoom cams since they have an auto aperture. While I was up the tree I noticed that the cable had been chewed by something...I'm surprised that the camera was still working. Kendra says it was a squirrel, but I suspect the chickens - every time I walked past them I could hear them laughing at me.
jimmy lewis wrote:While waiting for the I.V. cam it struck me that if Dave could add the Vic. airport report to the data on the image life would be just a little sweeter.
ok, I'll try to get that done, but only if you promise me one thing - ease up on the smilies on the messageboard :lol:
dave
JL

Post by JL »

Image Thanks Dave...Deal.
Thermals are good.