The Hanson Brothers Go To Mexico!

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
extremekindness Erik

The Hanson Brothers Go To Mexico!

Post by extremekindness Erik »

Hey gang!

Extreme Kindness Erik here!

So with the aid of last minute ticket sales and spontaneous brothers the Hanson 3 are heading to Mexico to go kiting! Stoked!

Here are the limitations....

We have very limited funds. We need to live on the cheap!

We do not know the area except for the fact that we are headed to La Ventana with a kite and a dream.

We don't know anyone there.

I would be totally appreciative if anyone could help up out with info about:

-Livin' Cheap!
-Great places to go when the wind is low.
-What size of kite to bring.
-Where to camp/sleep.
-Safety
-Cool locals to connect with.
-Anyone still in Canada that I could talk to wo has been there.

Thanks for your help...

EKE and the Hanson Bros!
Attachments
The Bros!
The Bros!
DaBros.jpg (37.64 KiB) Viewed 2386 times
JL

Post by JL »

Thermals are good.
asscrack

Mexico

Post by asscrack »

8) For the girl i will tell you everything you need to know,hehehehehe!!!! ! Really Eric,Take a 11 meter.board,make sure footstrap screws are locktighted in{medium strenght}.Take a tent,flashlight lantern combo.Foamy,sleeping bag,shorty,sunscreen,tourist pills,water bag,portable water filter system(available at mountain equipment coop),toothbrush,book on Spanish on the fly.Lots of one dollar U.S. bills.And exchange currency at the airport.{Or use bank machine if have access is allways best for steady supply of correctly exchanged money}Check correct rate here before.Lots of ways to eat,restaurants mostly.Frypan for burrito's in tent maybe,small cook stove if you like.Bus or Catch rides(gringo's only,recommended).Say Say Say in La Ventana.Is where everyone shops,this is way to catch ride to beach.The campsite is about $10.00 us a day,showers,and basic stuff,it's secure,on the beach.So your styling.Lots of Victoria folks there now till Febuary.Hook up.shorts for hot day,flannel for cold nights.Water is coolish,so shorty or thin full suit recommended as well.Have a safe trip.Cheers ,Asta lahwinnibago,amigo. :lol: check these links http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.i ... iteID=1369 http://www.iwindsurf.com/travel.iws?genID=21 P.S. Watch for hammerhead sharks,flying needlefish,Stinging jellyfish,and wear sandles on long beach walks as there can be dryed puffer fish and spiny critters under sand."ouch"! Bandaids,small sharp tipped needle,sunscreen. :wink:
Last edited by asscrack on Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
Ridelikehell

Post by Ridelikehell »

I'm trying to head down in January, you can call me at 780-905-1985 for info. Lots of friendly people down there if you forget anything. 12 m is a good size but might be a bit big on the windy days so if you can take a smaller kite too that might be good.

When you get there, talk to 2 dog Mark and Marie who should be somewhere around Joes for info. Also Rob Scott (rust colour campervan, BC plates) in the main campground.

Don't bring cash, Use the bank machines in mexico for the best exchange rate. Don't drive at night-big cows. Have fun!
voodmon

baja

Post by voodmon »

again erik..martin and marion...they do post on here from time to time....so hopefully they will hear your call...asscrak knows his stuff too as you know....asta la vista ... :twisted:
Surfing outside of Platos cave, searching for Blue Skies.
extremekindness Erik

Thanks for alll your help!

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for taking the time.
Amazing info. I am fortunate.

Stoked,

EKE.
Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Hi there,

I am heading to La Ventana on Friday Dec 1st ........ yippy skippy. Apparently wind has been "light" read that as you may. ? bigger kites ? I will be meeting up with Robby S so if you need anything come and find us. Have a safe trip

Debs :D
jhans

Post by jhans »

Hey debbs...i'm the middle bro, yoga man of the pic and i'm heading down on the 3rd. should be in La Vemtana around the 4th or 5th and just camping it up. See you down there!
Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Good on ya ...... this show makes going south so much easier ...... I am the "mule" this trip taking 4 kites and numerous sundery other supplies. LOL Read that as coffee and the national post! Might add a gallon of baileys for morning coffee:) The "light" winds apparently should be good for this learner ....... hoping to get past the "dipped tea bag" stage LOL

Ttfn Debs :)
extremekindness Erik

Baja Bliss!

Stoked! Soooo Stoked.

5 days of solid kiting so far.

Here is a list of some of the Hanson Bros tips and adventures...

-Kurt and Marinia's is THE place to camp! (Rad people, tonnes of amenities, right on the beach for 8 bucks)

-Stay away from the pit bull between the campground and Pablo's. It took a chunk out of Jay's Arm.

-The hotel down the beach is the amazing place to snorkel for free. Carl and I saw heaps of fish.

-Buy the fish from the fishermen. Cheap and good.

-Don't put your teeth into your knee when you are trying kiteloops. (It makes them hard to stick)

-The bacon wrapped hotdogs from the stand behind K&M's are the way to go. The Burros are darn fine as well.

-1/3 of the population here is from the lower mainland of B.C.

Basically we are having a heap of fun. Thanks for all the great advice.

Hope you all survived the windstorm.

See you next week.

With sunshine and stoke,

The Hanson Bros.
extremekindness Erik

WE'RE HOME AND STOKED!

YEAH!

1ST SUCCESSFUL TRIP TO THE BAJA!

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT.

STOKED!

ERIK!
extremekindness Erik

VentanaWatch! You seen the posts now watch the movie!

You've seen the posts now check it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPZ6Z66odXE

EKE.
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

awesome! feels like i just went there. but did you really play more pingpong than kite?
Vive et Ama
extremekindness Erik

Nope!

We got 5 out of the 6 days kiting but ping ponging WAS the international language!

Stoked.

P.S. Thanks for the hilarious messages kook. Look fwd to connecting.

P.P.S. Woah check the new pro status! You must have been busy! Ha ha

Have an awesome evening all!

EKE.
JL

Post by JL »

Great video. Off to get a passport. Thanks for sharing your 'stoke'.
Thermals are good.