what is the best bar

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
blairsville

what is the best bar

Post by blairsville »

i am buying a new bar and am wondering what is the best one.
what is your two sence.
blair
BLAIR DESJARDINS
VICTORIA BC 744-4631
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Well, a variety of daily drink specials and a good menu are key here I'd think. Attractive staff help sales. Some folks also enjoy some stage activity :wink: but a good sized HD screen with 24/7 sports is definitely a must & favorite. A location close to a windy beach would be major criteria for me if I was to get one :twisted:
My two centze
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Barb W

Best bar

Post by Barb W »

I like Nature's Path Organic OPTIMUM Energy bar. :roll:
blairsville

WOW MABYE I NEED TO BE MORE CLEAR

Post by blairsville »

I AM WONDERING WHICH BAR U USE TO STEER AND CONTROL YOUR KITE WHILE KITE SURFING. THE BEST BAR IS SWANS. AND THE BEST ENERGY BAR IS NONE OF THEM EAT A CAROT.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP SORT OF.
BLAIR DESJARDINS
VICTORIA BC 744-4631
AC

Bars.

Post by AC »

I think Ocean Rodeo makes a great kitebar with all of the trinkets..
The bar is loaded with more than you need.
and it makes it easy to make your own customize
your own bar.
GWIND

BLAIR

Post by GWIND »

CAROTS have 2 R's you had better switch to fish bars ( brain food ).
Thinking is over rated- Homer Simpson
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

I like KUS answer, at first I taught you were buying a bar stand for your basement or something like that. I was laughing while reading it, thinking that maybe you meant: what are the best bars in Victoria?

I laugh harder reading the energy bar reply.

Anyway, without much kite boarding experiences, I don't think that bar change anything (just have the right size with the right kite)
I bought mine at bosnun locker, I think the brand name is BEST kiteboarding or something like that.
I like them so far. But I also never tried try a lot of different bar. I still don't think that there is a difference for the flying part. (I might be wrong - no idea)

Those one that I didn't like much because they were not great when rolling the lines are: The very old model of naish bar (cheap rubber thing at the end that doesnt last long), and the old wipika bar, the space for lines was not that wide, creating lines to get off the bar when they were not rolled tight enough. But I am pretty sure that they changed their model since.

I think that I didn't like one bar because of its safety release, but I can't remember which one/brand, and what I found anoying about the safety release system.

Good luck,
Ian.
Bradak

Post by Bradak »

Here's the Best bar. This BAR is looking pretty good too. What type of kite do you want to use it with?