Calling all Ocean Rodeo Crew to Baja!!!!!

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
EvanOR

Calling all Ocean Rodeo Crew to Baja!!!!!

Post by EvanOR »

Hi Team,

We are in the process of finalizing the details for the first 08 Crew event. It will take place in La Ventana from January 24th through to the 29th. Both myself and John Z will be there and it is our hope that many of you will join us and help us to fill the Sea of Cortez with Ocean Rodeo kites!

Our event is timed to coincide with a full-scale demo event being arranged by The Kiteboarder magazine. We expect 10-12 other manufacturers to be present. There is also an organized distance race from the island back to the beach and we need to put together a team for this.

We had fantastic time last year - great food, kiting, sun and heat and we expect this year to be even better! Check out a few photos here.

You will need to make your own travel arrangements, but we can help out in terms of making accomodation arrangements. You need to let us know by November 15th at the latest if you plan to attend so we can get the best deals and reserve a spot for you.

I recommend you go for a week, as both John and myself plan to be there for at least a couple of days after the official demo.

Email me at with your dates and number of Crew along with you if you are in.

Cheers,

Evan
Attachments
Baja.jpg
Baja.jpg (132.35 KiB) Viewed 2874 times
JL

Post by JL »

I am so overdue on going to the passport office !!! 8)
Thermals are good.
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

Hey Evan,

Sandra and I are hoping to be down there at that time. So, we look forward to seeing you down there if all works out.

I will email you when it is more certain, but replying on here just to see who else we may hope to be joining?

Cheers,

Pau
Vive et Ama
Martin

Post by Martin »

:D Looking foward to seeing you all! Rob and I are on the front row at the LaVentana campgroung. Life is great on the beach!

martin
EvanOR

Accomodation options

Post by EvanOR »

Please go to Ocean Rodeo and then to the Kite Chat section of our forum. The " Crew, we need you in Baja!!! " announcement has the details regarding accommodation options.

This event is open to everyone!

Cheers,

Evan
Last edited by EvanOR on Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ocean Rodeo, US Sales
Hyperflex wetsuits, US Sales

San Francisco, California
bricktop

Post by bricktop »

We will be there.. *wooooot* Heading down in a couple of weeks and staying until we get bored. Looking forward to test flying a couple of Rise Kites!

Hey Rob S. whats your email address?.. will we need a tow truck to get us to the front row :twisted:

We anticipate we will arrive at the campground around end of Nov.. what is the name of the campsite?

See you soon :) chill the cerveza's

Tam and Ger
Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Hey I'll be there with bells on and not much else ......... Dec 5th till they kick me out of the country or work says get the @$# back. Can hardly wait. Front row is a little conjested I hear. I don't remember the name of the camp ground ....... its not hard to miss though right by Pablo's!. Debs
Cj

Post by Cj »

What are the costs of camping in la ventana? not that it matters at this point, heading down Dec 1st till the moneys runs out. Can spots be reserved or is it ok to show up and just hope for a good spot (or a spot)?
somebody said " go fly a kite".
Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Its first come first served at the camp ground. You can't reserve a spot. Front row is $8.00 US a day and any other row $7.00 US a day. Its very unlikely that you will get front row now ....... more likely 2nd or 3rd row. That's why Robby and Martin headed down at the begining of October to get a ocean view. Cheers Debs
Cj

Post by Cj »

Great rates! that means it will take a long time for the money to run out, awesome! see ya'll there. myself and three friends plus some babes, all with new OR rigs, stoked!
somebody said " go fly a kite".
thankgodiatepastafobreaky

Post by thankgodiatepastafobreaky »

That is at the tail end of my trip south to Baja this year - if I am still in Baja I'll be there with my ONE kite!!
curses - foiled again!

anyone know what the fishing is like there? Casting from the dock at the campground would I catch anything?
curses - foiled again!
TomS

Baja fishing

Post by TomS »

Greg

Casting off the shore before sunrise for Seirra and other small fish works well. The old wharf is long gone, washed away. Kayakers seem to have pretty good luck in the bay.
Best fishing is when the fish and prawn truck comes through camp. I use pesos for bait and usually get Tuna, Pargo or scallops.

Scallops and Prawns will go well in your pasta.
Every day of work takes 8 hours off your life.

Thanks Tom! Yes trolling with pesos makes sense too! 8)
curses - foiled again!
EvanOR

Post by EvanOR »

Hi All,

If you are still sitting on the fence and holding off on making a commitment, you better make it happen if you want in on the OR Crew deal at Palapas Ventana. They just informed that they are booking fast and will be full very soon....you do not want to miss out on this.

To reiterate, please go to the OR forum for details etc.

Cheers,

Evan

Ocean Rodeo

Converting the World one rider at a time.
Attachments
Blue Rise Crissy.jpg
Blue Rise Crissy.jpg (260.33 KiB) Viewed 2490 times
Ocean Rodeo, US Sales
Hyperflex wetsuits, US Sales

San Francisco, California