Kiting tomorrow?

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
glazediggy

Kiting tomorrow?

Post by glazediggy »

Hi,

I'm new to town but checking out the wind for tomorrow and was wondering if anyone reading this might be going out tomorrow for Willows Beach or Island View? I don't know any kiting partners yet but would if you're willing to meet up give me a shout,

Thanks,

Lee.
marinelawyer

Post by marinelawyer »

Lee, I live near Gonzales Beach and am keen on kiting on Willows or Island View. I am a beginner and have taken lessons. My cell is 888-0002. I am in Mexico at the moment but will be back on Feb 12 if you want to try to hook up sometime in the next few weeks.
Darren.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

aaah, the forecast is for W 8) Island View nor Willows works with that direction. Also it is forecasted to be quite strong so...ya might wanna take a rain check if you are new to this or the area. Not much beach at Kook either lately :?
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia (Tribal) /Aztron

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Cj

Post by Cj »

Keep an eye on forcasts for SE and latest reports at IV. Willows is good SE as well but no room there for any downwind loss. IV is best if your new to the area. Cook st is awesome but works W, SW. You have to be a confident Kiter to go there, be good at self launch and landing this time of year. In the spring summer Cook is the spot for sure. See you out there, have fun. CJ
somebody said " go fly a kite".