Windsurfing Parksville: Windsurf Lessons

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Windsurfing Parksville

Windsurfing Parksville: Windsurf Lessons

Post by Windsurfing Parksville »

Attention: Big Wave Dave Members, Friends and Family

Re: Windsurfing Lessons Specials[

Hi Guys/ Gals,

My name is Kevin Forsythe. I am an old school windsurfer from the original Windsurfer One Design Days. (I put myself through University running windsurfing schools and teaching thousands of students from 8 years old to 70 years young) (Also I competed at the national and provincial levels winning a gold medal in the BC Summer Games 91)

Last season I started Windsurfing Parksville with a trailer hauling it back and forth from the Beach each day. This Season I have built to permanent Windsurfing Shack on the Parksville Beach Resort Property.

For those of you that have not been to the main beach at Parksville is has been voted top ten in Canada. For learning how to windsurf it is prime. Water is warm, winds are predictable and on shore, shallow, and sanding. All requirements for an enjoyable learning experience.

This location with my new gear and on land simulator makes the learning curve so much easier than the old days. I will have you sailing in a few hours.

Find below Lesson Packages and Specials.

Rental Safe

4 hours semi-private beginner lesson: $125.00

In this semi-private class (no more than 4 students per instructor) you will learn all the basic techniques required to sail a windsurfer and enjoy doing it. A windsurfing simulator is used making it very easy to learn. All equipment included. (Boards, wetsuits, lifejackets) Your time on the water is 2 hours with instructor. Includes 1 hour rental.

Certification Program

Eight hours: Two 3 hour lessons sessions: $200.00

In this semi-private class (no more than 4 students per instructor) you will learn all the basic techniques required to sail a windsurfer and enjoy doing it. A windsurfing simulator is used making it very easy to learn. All equipment included. (Boards, wetsuits, lifejackets) Course is two 3 hour lessons that can be done on one day or at your convenience. I recommend within a three day time frame. Included in the certification course are instructions on self rescue, safety, rigging, history of sport, and equipment specifics. Time on water is 4 hours with instructor. Includes 2 hours rentals.
All lessons taught at the Parksville Beach Resort

BWD Member Specials:
Rental Safe: $100.00
Certification: $150.00
To be eligible for special you must book lessons before July 30

Lifes a Beach and the Wind Is Free

Cheers,

Kevin