New to Victoria

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
jake

New to Victoria

Post by jake »

Hey!

I just moved from Vancouver to Victoria and was wondering what the kiting scene is like here?! Is there a club or some sort of members fee to kite the local spots?

Where is the local kite shop to get spare parts like bladder valves and tape etc...?

Will I be ok with a 9m and a 12m for all year long?

I'm into wave riding rather than jumping so any advice on where to get my kicks??

thanks for the help and looking forward to getting in the water reall soon...

jason
rookieRyan

Post by rookieRyan »

No clubs riding spots dallasrd/cookst Gordons beach/Islandview and a few others.Check the wiki guide/sailing guide for more info.And the only waves are in Tofino and ther not that good.Ther can be waves up island too at columbiabeach .see u on the water
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

welcome....ah, this IS the club

what RR said

Waves- on occasion the SE on Klover can get pretty nice, IV and CB too. If you get real lucky you may score a handful (or less) of days at Jordan River in November and March/April. Oregon coast trips abound in summer :twisted: it won't take you long to recognize people, everyone except Ryan and I are really friendly

Kite shop suggest asking Ocean Rodeo directly, support your local manufacturer 8)
BK

Post by BK »

Yeah...Super Friendly...;)
Ed

new to vic

Post by Ed »

There is no kiting here,I think you've made a mistake!
jake

Post by jake »

Thanks for the info!!

I agree KUS, I do/will support local business'. Where is the Ocean Rodeo shop? Can I just walk in and buy spare parts etc...??

I already know where to ride-just making sure there wasn't a club membership type thing like there is at Squamish.

thanks again

jason

p.s. oh dear! just like on kiteboardbc.com, there's always someone who adds a line or two at the end of informative posts thinking they are funny!? HAHA???
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

jake wrote:I agree KUS, I do/will support local business'. Where is the Ocean Rodeo shop? Can I just walk in and buy spare parts etc...??
they are out in Saanichton en route to the ferry. 6820 Kirkpatrick Crescent
Saanichton, BC V8M 1Z9, Canada
(250) 544-4969

or the odd parts can be located at Bosun's locker on Johnson St, see sponsor on homepage of this site. 8)
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

no need to be so serious Jake... keep it lighthearted or next thing you know we will all be golfers. FOUR!
Don't forget to bring a towel!