Gorge Games

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Heather

Gorge Games

Post by Heather »

Hey....

Just wondering if anyone is heading to the gorge this weekend to partake in the activities??
I am thinking of heading there but want to know if anyone else from Vic will be there!
Also, has anyone gone for them before & is it a total madhouse? Is there even a chance of getting a campsite?

Cheers! :)

Post by Guest »

What I meant is anyone from the ISLAND heading there......

:)
Cindy

Camping in the Gorge

Post by Cindy »

In case you haven't checked it out already, one of the nicest campsites is about 15 minutes outside of downtown Hood River. It is called Tucker and it is nice and quite (no trains) but it is pretty popular. They may be able to take reservations though. Ask for one beside the river.
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Hey heather, was thinking of heading down myself until I looked at the schedule and was sadned to see only three kiting events schedules, all for Sunday July 11th, wind depending. This sucks in my opinion because it seems to me that you won't get to take each event in, if your lucky you might catch two. Anyhow, still contimplating bout it, however, one of our local riders is heading down to compete so that would be cool to root one of our own on.
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
Heather

Post by Heather »

Thanks Cindy for the tip about the campsites!

Dale- Yah, I don't think I will be heading to the Gorge. Maybe next time!
How is it looking for Nitnat this weekend? That may be the better option.
See ya out there!

H
asscrack

The GORGE

Post by asscrack »

Hey Dale,"OZZY ANDREW" is looking for a ride to the games,you can get him at the Crabmans.Hey Heather Nitnat looks good weather wise,watch for thieves,Going to be windy around here too! Long beach may be rocking as well.No thieves there that I know of either.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Seriously bummed bout the weather, nope not goin to the games as I have to be back to work monday :x but oh well, not headed out to nitinaht this weekend either, going to mix it up a bit and look to sail elsewhere for once, wish me luck
l4kitecore

Post by l4kitecore »

Dale once again under estimating the Squamish power to be windy through the GREY

You and Mark shoulda' came it's windy daily(DALEY) haha

Anyhootin' let's get it together
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
AC

Post by AC »

Hey Heather I hope the goarge works out for you. If you get stuck they tend to let you camp at the walmart parkinglot.nitnat was good this weekend and think we are going up there on the weekend.. coming?? :?: [smilie=beer.gif]
Heather

gorge games

Post by Heather »

Hey AC....

Yep! I will be headed to nitnat this weekend.
So it was good this past weekend? Was it windy both Saturday & Sunday?
I am still learning about reading the weather....I didn't think it was looking great, so headed to the mainland....no wind there.....grrrr
So this weekend better be nice & windy!

Cheers! :D
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Hey Heather, have faith in the Nat, as for weather reading, if it is not raining then chances are it will be windy to some degree or another. Also if it is sunny in Duncan and Lake cowichan it could be raining in Nitinaht and still be blowing. You could say it is a climate into its own. The best set up is if there is a marine fog layer just on the coast and sunny in Cowichan, often you can see that from a satelight image found in the forecasts section. Or better yet, just post a message, more than likely someone will reply and give you suggestions. As for this weekend Saturday was fantastic, and Sunday up and down, I did have fun though out on the 16 for about 2hrs.
asscrack

NITNAT NITNAT NITNAT

Post by asscrack »

This is shaping up to be an epic weekend at Nitnat.Wind and fun in the sun.Hope to see you all,around a campfire. :o
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
Skypilot

Post by Skypilot »

Here are some great shots from the recent Gorge Games

http://www.skypilotkiteboarding.com/pages/homepage.html

search under photos

sorry forum is off the air....

Skypilot
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Thanks Skypilot, some nice shots, looked like things went off well!