I Don’t Wanna Be A Kanaha Kookie!

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
KayakDoc

I Don’t Wanna Be A Kanaha Kookie!

Post by KayakDoc »

I Don’t Wanna Be A Kanaha Kookie! Noticed a turtle out “sun bathing” a few days ago. Thought it kind of weird that it was on its back until I noticed it wasn’t all there (no not psychologically). It was missing a chunk. A chat with some local friends referred to it as a “cookie” what with the little bite missing. Apparently it happens often and these “cookies” wash into the bay past the sewage plant. My friends only complaint is you can’t take them for their shell or for soup (protected species). Seems to me the biggest concern is the biter. The word is if a big fin appears it is probably a lone tiger hunting and the life guards usually spot it and try to herd it out to sea with a jet ski. Failing that if the tiger is stalking a kiter they will take the kiter to shore. If it happens to be a kite lesson the life guard will bring the student in first, letting the instructor fend for himself for a while. Tough gig! Nice student perk though.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Jeez I hope you read this Nanmoo :lol:
KayakDoc

Bumped

Post by KayakDoc »

Ran into a guy today that quit kitesurfing on Maui after he got bumped off his board by a tiger. You would think the chances of this happening a second time were so remote that you might actually be blessed from here on out.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

more force 4 wrote:Jeez I hope you read this Nanmoo :lol:
Crap. Good thing I am not headed back there for awhile.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
PA

Post by PA »

Cool down bra ...no problem at Kanaha, windward side they mostly only bump you, now Kehei side they bite and Lahaina they eat...