I am heading to cabarete on December 8/ 2011

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Brent

I am heading to cabarete on December 8/ 2011

Post by Brent »

I have never kite surfed before, but I have 6 weeks to figure it out :) I am planning on staying part of the time at Cabarete Surf Camp. I am planning on taking lessons and maybe renting equipment for a week. But then would like to buy used equipment for the rest of the time. Does anyone know how easy it is to buy used equipment in Cabarete and if the prices are reasonable? If anyone has any helpful info for a newbie in Cabarete - let me know.

Thanks
Brent
AC

Brent

Post by AC »

Make sure you check the wind weather report before paying for lessons.
You may find that gear is a lot cheaper here.
Bigtrib
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Bigtrib »

It's super easy to find new and used gear in cabarete. Just ask where it is coming from and check for personal info on the gear.
Just stoked...
laureleastman

Cabarete!

Post by laureleastman »

Hi Brent and the Vancouver kiter community,

I am also going to Cabarete on the 8th of Dec, which is why your post caught my eye - small world....

I've been based there for 9 years with my kitesurfing school, so I have quite a bit of local knowledge, if you have any questions at all just feel free to email me, it's laurel (at) laureleastman (dotcom).

With 6 weeks to spend you should be well on your way to independence and I hope you will have a lot of fun during your visit.

Bigtrib and AC are both spot on with their advice....

Again, if you need anything else feel free to just ask and hope to meet you while you are in town.

Bye for now,

Laurel
Brent

Thanks for the info, only 2 weeks to go!!!!

Post by Brent »

:D