Best Campsites along the Gorge/Hood river for windsurfing

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

250 sessions is pretty damn good! My last mutant lasted 3 years and maybe 150.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
CTK

Post by CTK »

No cell service along the gorge?to check wind. I've been to the spit in HR driving through but don't know any other areas. Was also thinking of driving the coast back. Are there areas that people consistently kite/windsurf? On my own I don't know how I feel about lone kiting at random along the coast.
KUS

Post by KUS »

CTK wrote:No cell service along the gorge?to check wind. I've been to the spit in HR driving through but don't know any other areas. Was also thinking of driving the coast back. Are there areas that people consistently kite/windsurf? On my own I don't know how I feel about lone kiting at random along the coast.
just pick up a Gorge guide free in any surf shop, you're set.....or give that thing called "Google" a try :oops:

Columbia River is running fast at 415,000cfs. Please use extra caution!!""

Current is much much better at Arlington and 3 mile which is where all the wind is/has been lately, good kiting at Roosevelt apparently, you will have lots of company there and good launch.

There is cell service just about everywhere.... :idea: Flo and the flat water Manzanita joint above oceanside is about the only place you will find other kiters, yeah, don't kite/surf alone :wink:
Last edited by KUS on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia (Tribal) /Aztron

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Water temp? Last year, on the Canada day long weekend I went with board shorts and a rashie, no suit...
Don't forget to bring a towel!
KUS

Post by KUS »

nanmoo wrote:Water temp? Last year, on the Canada day long weekend I went with board shorts and a rashie, no suit...
freaking cold, coast was warmer :idea:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia (Tribal) /Aztron

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Ewart

Best Western Thumbs Up!

Post by Ewart »

It was so cold last June that I pulled the pin at Tucker and moved into the Best Western. Renovated last year. The place was fricken amazing! Plus my dog slept on the bed. They have dog friendly rooms. Also they offer Govt employee discounts!! My car was parked by my sliding door so easy come and go. Well worth the price paid! Just another place to stay...
JasonD

Post by JasonD »

@CTK: There will be at least 1 other kiter at Manzanita and/or Florence South Jetty so you won't be alone...