The Start of it all. MF4

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
GWIND

The Start of it all. MF4

Post by GWIND »

1942 movie by Hanna Barbara. Fraidy Cat. And it went down hill from there.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (814.67 KiB) Viewed 2244 times
Thinking is over rated- Homer Simpson
uddereef
Website Donor
Website Donor

Start of it all mf4

Post by uddereef »

A Classic.!!!.,Gene.!!!!
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Not sure I get it!?
Don't forget to bring a towel!
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Ive been trying to figure this one out too Nanmoo. The original looks like a wartime version of Roosevelt's "we have nothing to fear but fear itself" ?

Gwind maybe "pc" is the wrong term for what i meant. The moby dick thing is ridiculous and i think barring a perfectly good word like "nigardly" is equally stupid. I do think its within our rights to expect people to be educated on things like word meaning and etiology and not simply stop using it because ignorant people are offended by a perceived similarity. But then english has such a rich vocabulary maybe we can just use a less controversial word.

Thats entirely different than using expressions like popping cherries whose meaning has always been clear and mysogynistic and is going to be offensive to almost all women.

Btw i did enjoy the article for its get out of your comfort zone message and playful tone. I just think that could have easily come across with a choice of words with no cringe necessary
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

Hey mods.....how about moving this to the off topic thread.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

For the record I only wrote the words following my name and did not use that term so it's just a little bit irratating that I'm being pegged by a few as the one who penned a "cringe worthy" piece. That said, the intent of both Ned and I was obviously not to offend and the magazine chose to not edit those words in that spirit. Let's move on.
Don't forget to bring a towel!