Search found 265 matches

by Kite Kook
Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:38 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Nit Nat this weekend?
Replies: 2
Views: 1074

dude, you should totally hitchhike. If anyone can do it, you can! No room in our hatchback or we would gladly pack you in. We are leaving @ noon. Hope to see you up there!
by Kite Kook
Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:07 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Anyone heading to Nitnat this weekend?
Replies: 3
Views: 1132

OK, OK, it was me who suggested cross training. not heading up this weekend, at least I don't think so.

You heading down to Cook this evening? Last night was a light wind cruising evening but I'm thinking tonight she'll deliver!

cheers
by Kite Kook
Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:28 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Nitinaht Windfest 2006
Replies: 101
Views: 29564

Thanks for the write-up Grant. From what I heard, there was this professional MC dude that gave top-notch action and colour commentary for all the kiting events...

Wish I could have been there. I hope you guys can do it next year!
by Kite Kook
Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:36 pm
Topic: identifying people in photos at Dallas Road
Views: 1041

Thanks for posting the photos, Wayne. You might want to check the name on the one that you call Matt, I thought it looks like Billy.

The one of the kiter over the windsurfer and a couple of others is me. Hope to see you down there this evening!

Cheers,

Paul
by Kite Kook
Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:09 am
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Cool Link for weather geeks on a hot day
Views: 1514

well, the link no longer shows hot temperatures, as it updates continously. But 35.5 earlier.... AND, if you check out the other features, they have wind speed, and animated movies of wind speed, temperature change etc. Easy to navigate, and has the potential to be a useful addition to the marine we...
by Kite Kook
Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:48 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Cool Link for weather geeks on a hot day
Views: 1514

Cool Link for weather geeks on a hot day

Check this out:

http://www.victoriaweather.ca/

Man, that is HOT!
by Kite Kook
Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:09 am
Topic: POV Kiting Video
Views: 794

kooky kiting

dude, i hope your not hurting too much after your 'sea to land' excursion. and here's hoping your kite will be better than new after a visit to kite Dr. Rosco!

You should've recorded that session today - then you'd have a killer vid!

Paul
by Kite Kook
Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:29 am
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: center the webpage?
Views: 1762

Yeah, the webpage is perfectly centred in my brower. This is still standard format, is it not? It is only very occasionally in my browsing that I don't get the whole page on my screen, so I assume most people are using the same resolution that I am (800x600).
by Kite Kook
Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:17 am
Topic: Just got this emailed to me.
Replies: 5
Views: 1721

Larry, when you say 'profiling', does this mean interviewing? If so, do you know who will be interviewed? Are we supposed to phone in?

ROSS - you're the kind of guy to be up early - call in!

This could be interesting...
by Kite Kook
Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:32 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: MikeC San Carlos Video
Replies: 6
Views: 1839

yeah, works fine for me that way. Man, that place looks PERFECT for kiting. Nice flat water between the sets, perfect size waves...
by Kite Kook
Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:37 pm
Topic: Board leash
Replies: 12
Views: 2662

I have seen it in action, it rights itself immediately, as it is designed to do. it is off centre, so it immediately flips itself over if it lands upside down. doesn't appear to catch spray either. just looks a little odd, which seems a small price to pay compared to losing a board or taking a board...
by Kite Kook
Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:49 pm
Topic: who has back pains and tips
Replies: 13
Views: 2125

CST

FYI - The Cranial Sacral Therapist next to the Beagle moved downtown. Her name is Sarah Hovey, and she is also a Registered Massage Therapist. So, many people are covered to see her through extended health. She doesn't do regular massage though - as she has specialized in CST.
by Kite Kook
Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:45 pm
Topic: who has back pains and tips
Replies: 13
Views: 2125

Back Pain

I suffered for YEARS with lower back pain, involving mostly my SI joint. Three times I was entirely incapacitated. I found a few things helped. If in pain after neglecting to exercise/stretch, I will: 1. get a massage from an RMT to reduce the spasm 2. See a good Chiro. The Chiro can't really do eff...
by Kite Kook
Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:33 pm
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: Radar
Replies: 1
Views: 1397

Radar

Is there any way to animate the NOAA radar? I like the link someone posted to the WU radar, as you can see the precipitation moving in. I tried using the "Animated Radar" but it doesn't work so well on my computer...

Paul
by Kite Kook
Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:33 am
Topic: OR sessions harness
Replies: 21
Views: 4596

Hey Jim - I have mine permanently adjusted. I simply don't wear the harness while setting up the kite/lines! Other than that, you got it right. Good luck!