Search found 265 matches

by Kite Kook
Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:01 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Support our friend, Kite Kook.
Replies: 58
Views: 16970

Andrey

Well, I am closer to home (Vancouver General Hospital), but still in hospital here and on IVs for an indeterminate length of time. I am back to walking outside though, so feeling stronger. May I suggest that we knock this thread off the latest news and put our thoughts towards Andrey/Russian Dude? H...
by Kite Kook
Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:08 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Wear
Replies: 183
Views: 72027

Thanks!

A little late, but hopefully better late than never, I want to say THANKS to the kind souls who gave me the nice hoodie and t-shirt! :D

I can't wait to wear it at the beach in late August.

Cheers,

Paul
by Kite Kook
Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:13 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: "Feels Like" and Humidity
Replies: 2
Views: 1691

Hey Gerry! Thanks for the reply. Yesterday was like a good day in Brazil - hot, but not Jeri hot... That humidex explanation is kind of what I thought, but like I said, yesterday was the lowest humidity and the hottest "feels like". Maybe it's the weather network vs Env. Canada again. Also...
by Kite Kook
Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:34 am
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: "Feels Like" and Humidity
Views: 1691

"Feels Like" and Humidity

A question for those who can shed some light... what is it that causes the "feels like" factor to go up, like today in Toronto? I thought it was humidity, but it is the lowest humidity and the hottest day yet! It is currently 32 ("feels like 42" acc. to the Weather Network) where...
by Kite Kook
Sun May 15, 2011 11:40 am

thanks!

Thank you everyone for your support! I believe strongly the healing I am experiencing is directlly the result of all the positive vibes, prayers,thoughts and stoke being sent my way from everyone! I still have a LONG way to go, but my FVC is up to 43, and my FEV1 (the amount you can blow in one seco...
by Kite Kook
Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:06 pm

Wow! Thanks guys for the wonderful words of support and encouragement! I honestly don't know what I have done to deserve such treatment, but we surely welcome it. :) It seriously makes a huge difference, so thank you Chris and Steph and all of you for everything! I look forward to feeling that bless...
by Kite Kook
Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:38 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: 55 KNOTS
Views: 1516

Thanks for sharing, JL.

I think for fairness they should get a massive channel dug out for the boats, as open ocean is differnt than a little flat water channel.

Still, mightily impressed with the vid! Thanks for posting!
by Kite Kook
Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:48 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Hydrofoils
Replies: 6
Views: 2231

I think it must be pretty easy, as Gmac can do it (see below).

If he can do it, pretty much anyone can! :wink:

http://www.bigwavedave.ca/gallery/displ ... 176&pos=16
by Kite Kook
Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:23 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: LOST: Ocean Rodeo Rise 10M '07 Green,white,black..and morals
Replies: 12
Views: 2690

:shock: dude, thank goodness it ended well. thanks for sharing, as this may save someone else's hide. Most of us have done something like this on occasion, even mr. safety himself, (you know who I mean). PLEASE DON'T DO IT AGAIN. if you had died, that would have ruined my entire evening... AND THANK...
by Kite Kook
Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:14 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: November Honeymoon Ideas
Replies: 40
Views: 7636

To answer your question, we flew to Fortaleza in NE Brazil, and immediately went north from there to get away from the crowds. We spent the 5 weeks visiting many different places along the coast, none bigger than 30,000 people. I think it only makes sense for over 3 weeks though, as there is so much...
by Kite Kook
Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:40 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: November Honeymoon Ideas
Replies: 40
Views: 7636

Hmmm 10 days is tough. We spent 5 weeks in Brazil for the price of 1 week on Maui, but the airfare is obviously the challenge... :shock:
by Kite Kook
Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:43 pm
Topic: Cook street
Replies: 1
Views: 698

That has been my experience as well, and it's great to hear others share the view! BTW, I've kited Florida, Oregon, Washington, Brazil, Mexico and the east coast of Canada without any 'bad' experiences, but definitely the best vibe right down at Cook St!
by Kite Kook
Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:17 am
Topic: Caught naked on Cook webcam!
Replies: 60
Views: 20814

Vive et Ama team photo

Here is the team photo! (any way to have this photo posted without the link? If so please edit and remove this!)

http://www.bigwavedave.ca/gallery/displ ... at=0&pos=0

Thanks Everyone once again!

Paul :D
by Kite Kook
Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Almost forgot two more worthy wind men worthy of much praise: Toeside T for getting the OR Mako raffle going, and Bobson who donated the proceeds of his sail sale :wink: - another $200 towards the team today. Thanks gentlemen! Also, some have asked about where to send cheques. Please have your emplo...
by Kite Kook
Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:57 pm

THANKS!!!!

:D Hi Everyone! :D First and foremost, I want to thank both Steph and Dave for making this happen. BWD members were responsible for about half of my personal total, which ended being $8505!!! :shock: :D :shock: You may recall back when my personal goal was $2000, back before BWD put a Gopro Helmet C...