Search found 250 matches

by SmallWaveSteve
Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:18 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Jaime Kite board
Replies: 3
Views: 1511

Put a notice up in the store window, as well as post up on sportfishing bc.
I had that happen a couple years ago. Wind died, outgoing tide, and board ended up in the current from the river. Only took the board a couple hours to be picked up in the narrows.
Good luck!
by SmallWaveSteve
Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:00 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Nitinaht Sauna Authorized!
Replies: 21
Views: 6236

I'll pick up some tarp and try and find some replacement shigles too. Thanks to Pat for the stove. He gave us an awesome price on it. I wont be able to make it up for this. A free source for tarp: go to the lumber yards, the tarps that lumber gets wrapped in for shipping is usually thrown out/they ...
by SmallWaveSteve
Fri May 29, 2015 2:44 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Tri-fin Conversion
Replies: 70
Views: 23674

The probox plastic at the very least looks/feels sturdier than the FCS boxes (closer to the chinook powerboxes that I have), and the full length fin base instead of the stupid little 2 tab system is going to spread the load much better In theory the FCS system is good, but I'm totally underwhelmed w...
by SmallWaveSteve
Fri May 29, 2015 1:50 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Tri-fin Conversion
Replies: 70
Views: 23674

It may be worth you guys looking at Probox Hawaii fin boxes over the FCS offerings. They will still accept FCS fins, in addition to their own proprietary ones, futures can be modified easily to fit as well. The fin is more secure when in there, but the insert for changing the fin cant will rip out w...
by SmallWaveSteve
Mon May 11, 2015 11:49 am
Topic: Does anyone know where in town to get these parts ?
Replies: 11
Views: 2794

GregK wrote:Barrel nuts are used to hold some furniture together, you may find them at a specialty fastener stare ( don't know of one in Victoria)
If they're that commonly used (i'd never seen them aside from in fins) Fastner Force @ rock bay & hillside would be worth giving a call.
by SmallWaveSteve
Mon May 11, 2015 11:17 am
Topic: Does anyone know where in town to get these parts ?
Replies: 11
Views: 2794

Barrel Nut
Definitely not in town, (like 15 bucks shipping), but you can get them here
Scroll down to the chinook section:
http://www.windance.com/Windsurf-Windsurf-Parts/

That why your foil was being so finnicky to mount yesterday?
by SmallWaveSteve
Mon May 11, 2015 8:48 am
Topic: Nitinaht 2015: Road/Camp updates
Replies: 55
Views: 15881

^the outhouses up front didn't get drained over the winter and apparently rats are living in them
by SmallWaveSteve
Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:19 am
Topic: quad fins needed...left front fin... or whole set if you got
Views: 1669

FCS - should be easy to find a single fin replacement at any of the surf shops in vic (or at the worst a front pair), or on usedvictoria (it's the most common fin system around)
by SmallWaveSteve
Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:39 am
Topic: quad fins needed...left front fin... or whole set if you got
Views: 1669

What fin system is it?
by SmallWaveSteve
Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:31 pm
Topic: Out Of resident Hunters are given 5000 draws from the locals
Views: 5513

Just a heads up for any hunters out there (or any non-hunters interested in attending), there is an allocation meeting happening locally, it would be great for any of you who it affects to come out and show some support:

January 27, 2014
7:00pm
Four Point by Sheraton
829 McCallum Road
Victoria, BC
by SmallWaveSteve
Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:01 am
Topic: New Ocean Rodeo Board
Replies: 18
Views: 5786

Looks like the R&D department at OR has been working overtime lately!
What's the deal? It looks like a mega concave mini - egg surfboard?
That about sum it up?
by SmallWaveSteve
Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:51 pm

Ok the guides bring money to the province... It would be interesting to see how much they actually bring in. Resident (BC) hunters spend quite bit gearing up for those once (or twice) in a lifetime draws. They're the ones travelling around the province staying in hotels and the small town huting st...
by SmallWaveSteve
Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:29 pm
Topic: OR Flite 10m & 12m & Jinx
Views: 5582

OR Flite 10m & 12m & Jinx

Those of you who read the OR newsletters will see they've released the flite in 10 and 12m , it sounds like it might be a good offering for those who were disappointed by the disappearance of the Rise from the OR lineup? What I really want to know from the OR insiders: whats the story behind the Jin...
by SmallWaveSteve
Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:19 am

Thanks for posting the link Dwayne, I've been sifting through the threads on HBC, but never found a link to a petition. It really is a bs move, the people in charge of making the decision have publicly stated on Facebook (and later deleted) they don't need our votes, so they don't care what BC resid...
by SmallWaveSteve
Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:58 pm
Topic: board bag travel
Replies: 10
Views: 2824

Got to give my Mystic 145 Golf bag again, no surcharges to belize or back, with Tropic Air or Delta Airlines, just the same $25 first bag charge that my girlfriend with a small duffle bag paid.