Search found 130 matches

by rocdoc
Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:08 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Jordan River is UP FOR SALE
Replies: 137
Views: 28148

Right on ULR. I will try to draft up a general letter in the next day and post here. I will also try to come up with a list of offices to send it to. I estimate at least five places need to be make aware: starting with provincial MLA, federal MP, CRD parks head office, CRD parks regional office, pro...
by rocdoc
Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:23 am

Geoff - thanks for the effort and response. I wll pass this endorsement along at the meeting at Keith Martin's office. BTW the meeting is next Thursday Sept 27, not today. I will provide an detailed update after the meeting. Good news: John Horgan the local NDP MLA has just informed that he will be ...
by rocdoc
Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:17 am

Good one Pastadude. Thats exactly what has happened with WFP. But its worse. The logging companies obtained their "private lands" as crown grants between 1860-1880. They were actually granted ownership deeds to the land which they were expected to use for logging purposes. These lands have...
by rocdoc
Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:20 pm

JR update: I have contacted MLA John Horgan and JDFEA Director Eric Lund regarding meeting at MP Martin's office. Lund did not show any interest and Horgan is supposed to by at BC Muni conference next week. Also contacted JFDEA Parks Commission (located at swimming pool in Sooke). They are intereste...
by rocdoc
Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:08 pm

Meetings at Martins office in Langford. I am trying to get CRD and BC government reps to attend buy nothing confirmed yet. I have Ross Harrington confirmed, another surfer who works at JR for WFP and possibly another windsurfer interested in attending. I thinks thats enough people for now. This is j...
by rocdoc
Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:02 pm

I guess nobody on this site reads the Globe and Mail. Check page S1 today for story about WFP lands for sale and JR in particular. I have been invited to a meeting at the office of Keith Martin (federal MP for Juan de Fuca) Thursday Sept 27 at 10am. He would like others interested in seeing the porp...
by rocdoc
Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:36 am
Topic: Watch Doggin' the Development at Jordan River
Replies: 18
Views: 4641

Sorry about my incorrect assumption you being the seller. Your right about the properties being way overpriced. I think alot of the buyers are speculators who put the downpayment (10%) hoping to flip the lots (sale assignment) for a big profit before the final subdivision approval. Maybe some will g...
by rocdoc
Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:48 am

What does it mean "private sale of assignment". My understanding is that this lot and all other lots are actually not for sale and cannot be legally transferred until the subdivision has received final planning approval. The lots which have been designated as "reserved" have rece...
by rocdoc
Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:12 am

I left a recorded message with "report violations" at Fisheries and Oceans Canada on October 6. I called again today (Oct 19) to see if they had sent anyone to investigate. This time I got a person, but they couldn't find my original report and didn't know if it had been investigated. So I...
by rocdoc
Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:53 am
Topic: Gordo's risky parking area
Replies: 13
Views: 2694

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Don. Unfortunately, this has happened before and will happen again. A couple of years ago an eastbound pickup truck failed to complete the corner and went into the bush just past the hydro pole - where I normally park! I have also had gravel sprayed on my pickup fro...