Light Bar Pressure

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
monk

Light Bar Pressure

Post by monk »

Hello,

Advantages and disadvantages aside, in the group's opinion what kite (brand model and type i.e. C, bow, SLE, foil, whatever) has the least amount of bar pressure? How would a North Rebel fit in to this? Thanks for the info.
JL

Post by JL »

I am only familiar with O.R. products, but if you are interested in a home town company (& having local support) the 'RISE' is an amazing kite ... http://www.oceanrodeo.com/kiting/rise.php http://www.oceanrodeo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=888
Thermals are good.
AC

C Kites

Post by AC »

C-Kites
Now thats Full Power.No bar pressure at all
just board pressure.
asscrack

Bar pressure

Post by asscrack »

:shock: Wow.Good question?Most manufactured kites, now have adjustable bar pressure.This means,you can set up your kite yourself.The bar pressure can be adjusted to suit the owners needs.Some manufactured kites come ready to fly with no adjustments,other than on the control bar end.This is the best system in my mind.Connect and go.Streamlined for ease of setup,with less decision making.Less room for error in the setup connection process.These days with a wide range of kite designs available,it can be very confusing to anyone at entry level.What exactly is bar pressure? :roll: When the kite is flying,the bar is the sheeting system.The more efficiently the kite fly's,the less trim or sheeting is necessary.As the airflow increases,the more sheeting is also needed.The bar has to be able to travel the necessary distance.Adjustments have to be made.Physical and manual.I like to call these pilot adjustments.After all, the person at the controls is piloting a flying craft. :lol: And when the pilot chooses to fly his or her craft ,in a variety of conditions, he or she has to follow the design manufactures guide lines.Exceeding,these guide lines can effect the bar pressure adjustments.And also become dangerous.Voiding WARRENTY.You really need to do your homework,fly lots of kites,and learn respect for the designers and give 'r. :lol:
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
thankgodiatepastafobreaky

Post by thankgodiatepastafobreaky »

I have the Ocean Rodeo ONE and I really like my bar pressure!!!! Easy to control because the sheeting is so smooth. When a big gust hits a small adjustment spills the wind perfectly. I was amazed at how much wind the kite could take - giving it a huge range. The other OR kites might even be better - just never tried any others. But it is miles ahead of my old Wipika Air Blast - which is good -just dated now with it's smaller range.
curses - foiled again!
JL

Post by JL »

To clarify 'breaky pasta dude' has the 9 m ONE ... I have that as well as a 12 ... Bar pressure increases with the 12. I use a 14M RISE for light winds (8-20knots) , little bar pressure & quick for it's size ... Look for the 12M RISE for a light wind kite - ~ 25 knots & a 9 ONE or 8 RISE for high (15-30 knots) winds ... The 10M RISE would be perfect in between ... It's all about what conditions you go out in & your size ... I hope this helps.
Thermals are good.
monk

Thanks

Post by monk »

Thanks for all of the insight into the aspect of light bar preswure. Extremely informative. You've answered a lot of questions. Take care.