Oregon Wavesailing Trips 2012

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

nanmoo wrote:Just go... this time of year you are going to get wind. That place rarely shuts down for more than a day at a time for the 3 years I have been paying attention. Everyone else is going down June 21-23 ish... would be nice to sail with you again.
Thanks for that. It would be nice to sail with you and the others as well. 8) I can go the week of June 18 or the week of July 2 :D (but not the week of June 23 - my daughter's grad :oops: :cry: ). :?: Do you know if many/most of the BWD crew will be staying through to July 7? Thanks.
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

C36 wrote:Do you know if many/most of the BWD crew will be staying through to July 7? Thanks.
I should be there June 25-July 8 or so. I think Morewind is similar dates and TheLaw the first week of July, so yes some of us will be down there.
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Plus Kus should be there the whole time, Downwind Dave coming around the 22nd, Jellyfish soon after, plus new guys Terrapin and RedBardon +++ others, Eastide? Fishwick? Fishes?. It could be the biggest crew yet.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

I'm starting to think I may be able to go :D
morewind

Post by morewind »

Hey C36, I think a lot of us will still be down the week of July 2. I'm going to be headed down on the Monday 25th, with up to 2 weeks on the road, either coast or gorge. It would be fun to rip up some waves with you.

DWD, Shaggy, and others? -- find some room to pack your geetar!
shaggy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by shaggy »

I leave for BWD Surf Sailing Camp 2012 on Friday 22nd in my new ride, The Mystery Machine, for 10 days or so. Looking forward to it. I'll pack my tuba.
Sandy Beach

shaggy's mystery machine :)

Post by Sandy Beach »

shaggy wrote:I leave for BWD Surf Sailing Camp 2012 on Friday 22nd in my new ride, The Mystery Machine, for 10 days or so. Looking forward to it. I'll pack my tuba.
<a href="/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKcqYGDO ... re=related" target="_blank">Shaggy's Mystery Machine</a>
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
rkwave

Post by rkwave »

On my way to Pistol River right now.

RK
RKWAVE
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

C36 wrote:Do you know if many/most of the BWD crew will be staying through to July 7? Thanks.
bwd wrote:I should be there June 25-July 8 or so. I think Morewind is similar dates and TheLaw the first week of July, so yes some of us will be down there.
Thanks for that! 8) :D
morewind wrote:Hey C36, I think a lot of us will still be down the week of July 2. I'm going to be headed down on the Monday 25th, with up to 2 weeks on the road, either coast or gorge. It would be fun to rip up some waves with you.

DWD, Shaggy, and others? -- find some room to pack your geetar!
Likewise on the ripping waves! 8) :D I will be looking forward to hearing the 'song'! :wink:
nanmoo wrote:Plus Kus should be there the whole time, Downwind Dave coming around the 22nd, Jellyfish soon after, plus new guys Terrapin and RedBardon +++ others, Eastide? Fishwick? Fishes?. It could be the biggest crew yet.
I can't explain it - I just have a funny feeling (Gorge/coast forecasts and funny vibe) about going this week. :shock: :roll: I have ALWAYS been amped to leave :twisted: but not right now. :oops: And besides if I can delay by a couple of weeks Gorge/coast may be warmer, windier and busier (in a good way)!!! 8) :D

Just have to double check a couple of things, but I'm leaning to 'join the tour' (week of July 2nd). Thanks again for the posts! :D
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Most folks are heading down between June 22-25 it sounds like... so If you head down in July you are going to be hanging out with the table scraps!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Most poor sods are locked in by the Man..... and his granted holidays for you (or your daughter....hey, that's what video is for, unless you are invited to after-grad of course...), if not YOU GO WHEN YOU HAVE THE FORECAST, screw everything else......this next week is supposed to be windy, sunny, what else do you need? It would be ironic, a little too ironic.. to be playing the guitar and tuba on the shores of the calm (or not, whatever, it ain't the coast) Columbia River for a week with a horde of wave hungry sailors :shock:

Suit yourself :idea:

I'm starting to sound like Okee Steve and Shit Slinger John already :oops:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Jfish

Post by Jfish »

proud to be a table scrap
Last edited by Jfish on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windsurfish

Table Scraps Have More Fun.... :)

Post by Windsurfish »

First week in July is a great time on the Coast. Last year, we made a bunch of great friends, and sailed in bigger waves. Sounds like there will be a large Canadian contingent on the coast. We will be there. :). Can't wait... :)
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Haha, no offense meant to you guys...!!! Sorry if that was misinterpreted! Didn't even know that was when you were going!
Windsurfish

:)

Post by Windsurfish »

:) No offense taken Tony - just chomping at the bit to get to some waves and wind. A scheduled trip to Alberta gets in the way every yr. Keep on Hucking!