local video

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

Just to clarify, that song was originally done by Pulp. The cover version GMac has used in his video is done byWilliam Shatner and Joe Jackson. I far prefer the Captain Kirk version... :)
Vive et Ama
gmac

Post by gmac »

Yep SGH and Brad, it's William Shatner's Cap't James Kirk voice on the song originally by Pulp.
Sister_Golden_Hair

Post by Sister_Golden_Hair »

Do you know the CD title? I like the version.
tom

song

Post by tom »

I was confused its the song that makes the video really.
tom

huh

Post by tom »

I just watched this again, what is grant rubbing on the lens?
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Nice 100 seconds. Anyone check out the 'kitefishing' video clip on the same site? As an anthropologist/archaeologist, I give it two thumbs up! It captures a whole lot about another culture in a very short time!
tom

nice

Post by tom »

yeah the fishin vid is cool
gmac

Post by gmac »

I like the fishing vid too. Back to SGH, the album's called Has Been. And Eric, the pov shots are done with my mini dvcam in a housing, not a waterproof still/vid cam, is that what you meant? Thanks everyone for watching and giving feedback, I'm stoked to shoot some more this season! By the way, if anyone wants to shoot a few minutes of my foilboarding, it would be really useful to help me figure out some of the setup/geometry problems that need to be solved.
Martin

Post by Martin »

:? So, after 2 hours of trying to get Quicktime updates/programs installed,I still can't watch the video! Arrgh!
Maybe I can watch it at an internet cafe' in Victoria today. Hey Bill Gates, whatever happened to plug and play?

Sounds like a great video though!
Bradak

Post by Bradak »

Apple pushes Itunes with the default Quicktime player too!
Martin

Post by Martin »

I am still running windows 98se. Quicktime 7.1 is only for windows xp.
I found an older version of quicktime 6.2.... but when I tried to update my current quicktime player, it shut down windows and I was left looking at a blank screen with a blank look on my face!
Someday, I will get to see this great video of Grant! It sounds like he did a good job of editing etc.