Search found 265 matches

by Kite Kook
Tue May 29, 2007 8:08 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Biggest kitesurf loop!
Replies: 11
Views: 2624

uh, chris, board shorts are *so* 2006. Ya gotta keep up if you are going to join the darkside! now ya hafta wear t shirts over yer suit. :)
by Kite Kook
Sat May 26, 2007 10:39 pm
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 149681

to clarify, that would be Paul Betts I am guessing? Not me :) Anyway, nice to see a healthy discussion/debate and awareness raised. I think this all comes down to common sense and responsibility. Personal responsibility and the responsibility we have to give others a helping hand, make them welcome ...
by Kite Kook
Wed May 23, 2007 7:08 pm

Just to clarify, I didn't suggest banning those who are not a particular level! My post had the intent of helping guide personal responsibility and avoid unnecessary injuries. I don't want newbies to feel unwelcome either. To the contrary, I want those who join our community to feel welcome and educ...
by Kite Kook
Wed May 23, 2007 12:56 pm

Hey JL, that link just brings one back to the beginning of this exact thread. A good starting point, yes, but was that your intended link? Also, as I posted on the message board, a good barometer in my opinion of whether you are ready for Cook St. is if you can stay upwind elsewhere. For me personal...
by Kite Kook
Wed May 23, 2007 7:09 am

Newbies/Cook Street

Hey, Just a quick note to remind those who are new to the sport that there are better locations than Cook St. to be learning to bodydrag etc. There have been a few incidents this spring with kiters who are clearly not the competence level required by Cook, and I fear someone may be injured soon. I a...
by Kite Kook
Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:01 am
Topic: The Complete Kiteboarding Guide DVD
Replies: 26
Views: 6323

Thanks PH, I need it for a buddy who is learing and I am taking off this week, so I will DL the .avi.

Cheers
by Kite Kook
Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:44 am

Hey PH, any suggestions for this situation?:

Last night my download speed slowed to a crawl, 1-2 KB/s, now I am at 44% and it is zero, while I am still uploading at 65.

Cheers,

Paul
by Kite Kook
Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:22 pm

thanks for posting. it says there is one seeder, but I have been downloading for an hour, and so far there is none. If anyone has it, please re-seed!
:D
by Kite Kook
Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:12 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: "Sharkwater" Fundraising Party
Replies: 5
Views: 1725

Sharkwater

I saw the preview at the theatre. Just awesome, from the looks of it. Definately a BIG SCREEN must see film from the looks it. My question:
WHERE is the screening of the film taking place??
by Kite Kook
Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:55 am
Topic: South America
Replies: 1
Views: 858

hey dan, there is a place you must visit west a day west of jeri. call me and i will tell you. it is a kite paradise that san and suze and I went to.

too hard to describe here... 382-0511.

cheers!
paul
by Kite Kook
Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:50 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: O.R. in Baha
Replies: 2
Views: 1437

hey Dwayne, isn't it called the Rise? I think the Hawk is made by a differnt company?

Glad to hear you liked it. I look forward to trying it here, just a few more months to go before I venture out on the water...
by Kite Kook
Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:11 pm
Topic: The Hanson Brothers Go To Mexico!
Replies: 15
Views: 2847

awesome! feels like i just went there. but did you really play more pingpong than kite?
by Kite Kook
Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:58 pm
Topic: SnowKiting on the island?
Replies: 19
Views: 4028

keep us posted on how it is.

btw, the guy looks like he is floating because there is an updraft against the hill. Yes, inflatable kites can do that too. It's not the kite, it's the conditions, and the user.

cheers :)
by Kite Kook
Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:04 am
Forum: News
Topic: MM5 model on Wind Archive plots
Replies: 7
Views: 3052

Once again, it needs to be said: THANK YOU for all your hard work!

That is an amazing feature... :D
by Kite Kook
Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:39 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: IV Cam direction
Replies: 12
Views: 2066

chicken cam

how about pointing it at the chickens in G and K's yard when its not windy...