Search found 265 matches

by Kite Kook
Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:36 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: OR sessions harness
Replies: 21
Views: 4700

The Onion is awesome, I have been a regular reader for years. They aren't afraid to go beyond the borders of good taste either (check out the pedophile article to see what I mean...) So, I did a google search and couldn't find multiple forums of the post, so maybe this guy is for real? I mean, the h...
by Kite Kook
Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:35 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Polarized or Non Polarized Sun Glasses ?
Replies: 23
Views: 4602

Goggles

I have worn polarized and non polarized glasses on the water. I prefer NON polarized, as the polarized worked so well I could not tell where the surface was. IMHO, you need to see the surface well when kiting! I also went through two pairs of cool(?) goggles: http://www.barzoptics.com/ These things ...
by Kite Kook
Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:14 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: windsurfing=spiritual
Replies: 14
Views: 3060

are you looking for windsurfers only, or do kiters count? It may seem that kiters are souless hedonistic yahoos, but some of us know where you are coming from... :)
by Kite Kook
Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:52 am
Topic: Down Winders from Race Rocks
Replies: 17
Views: 3996

i might be interested in something like this, but I am curious to know more about constance bank - what is it like and why would it make a good kite spot?
by Kite Kook
Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:09 am
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Ocean Rodeo Pyro Pro Drysuit Review
Replies: 16
Views: 4678

dude, that last photo is just sooo you, it captures your essence :P
by Kite Kook
Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:39 am
Topic: kook st stories
Replies: 29
Views: 6275

um, no story for me except to say I witnessed all that Kus, and I am glad you are OK! A thought passed through my mind as I white-knuckled past you with my kite, and that thought was: we are all crazy for being out here! Nice description, btw. As on onlooker I have no idea what you guys are doing in...
by Kite Kook
Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:42 pm
Topic: Cook Street Health Stories!
Replies: 1
Views: 851

A great idea Erik. Although I personally don't have any stories, I know several who do, so I hope they post.

Cheers,
Paul
by Kite Kook
Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:09 pm
Topic: Sewage Treatment - Do we need it?
Replies: 59
Views: 11503

awesome quote Erik, I love it!! :D

Hey, do you have any digital pix of the surfing off of Clover? I would love to see them.

Cheers,

Paul
by Kite Kook
Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:31 pm

a most excellent discussion! Richard, that is awesome that you guys are doing some independent testing, that is the kind of thing we need. I have a bit of a reptutation as a shit-disturber, and I have been kind of playing the devil's advocate on all of this, but I think open debate often produces th...
by Kite Kook
Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:24 pm
Forum: News
Topic: New webcam at Island View Beach
Replies: 15
Views: 4696

1.5 makes sense to me. but don't count my vote, as I hardly ever get out to IV!
by Kite Kook
Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:32 am
Forum: News
Topic: New webcam at Island View Beach
Replies: 15
Views: 4696

Good work, guys! Thanks :)
by Kite Kook
Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:14 am

This is the website for the email of city councilors: http://www.city.victoria.bc.ca/cityhall/mayor_cprof.shtml email addresses for our MLAs: carole.james.mla@leg.bc.ca for Victoria-Beacon Hill and rob.fleming.mla@leg.bc.ca for Victoria-Hillside MP: anderd@parl.gc.ca (David Anderson). Might as well ...
by Kite Kook
Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:02 am

Well said Grant! :D Yeah, when I look at the fact that there is an enormous financial cost of treatment ($300 million +), and also an environmental cost (different kinds) for primary and secondary treatment, it makes it tougher to just give an unqualified yes. But relying to heavily on science is no...
by Kite Kook
Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:34 pm

Thanks for the input, I think this is an interesting issue. I have added the poll question as requested by Mf4, but I am not sure how useful it will be. Personally, almost every time I get in a public pool, I get an ear infection. Yet, I don't from Cook St., despite spending lots of time in the wate...
by Kite Kook
Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:25 pm

Sewage Treatment - Do we need it?

Since all those posts were taking up room on the message board, and this is a topic more suited to the forum, I figured I would start this thread. I think we should all educate ourselves as much as possible, because if treatment is needed, we should all be pushing our local politicians on the issue....