Search found 250 matches

by SmallWaveSteve
Mon May 07, 2012 8:59 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Kite Specific Surfboard Build Thread / Info
Replies: 17
Views: 3932

Kite Specific Surfboard Build Thread / Info

I'm shaping a kite specific surfboard right now, just getting the project going, and am trying to figure out what the best rail shape is going to be. I'm figuring harder rails through most of the board would help with upwind performance. Here's the design I've made for the board. Fairly flat rocker ...
by SmallWaveSteve
Mon May 07, 2012 8:43 pm
Topic: Ocean Rodeo Outlet Store - Inventory Preferences?
Replies: 18
Views: 5595

-golf bags (golf bag rentals??) This!!!! Excellent idea Todd. I know a couple people who've had to buy them for a one off trip to Cuba or Mexico (I'll rent one for two weeks over Christmas) The full on equipment rentals I would see as being a headache and opening the door for too much liability (an...
by SmallWaveSteve
Tue May 01, 2012 11:11 pm
Topic: Ocean Rodeo Outlet Store - Inventory Preferences?
Replies: 18
Views: 5595

Hook knives (2 bladed) & kite tape!
DVD rentals of some sort would be pretty wicked too
by SmallWaveSteve
Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:55 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Alpha Comptec (Plastic?) repair
Replies: 5
Views: 1586

Thanks Dave, Its a slow work in progress, figured I should start documenting some of my hairbrained projects :p No Daggerboard on this badboy, I dont think it would help all that much (my feet were underwater when I was standing on it, needs more volume before it'll float me) I haven't seen the hock...
by SmallWaveSteve
Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:01 pm

Almost, opposite direction (widening). Thats why i'm trying to figure out what type of plastic it is. if its similar to ABS for working with, I dont mind working with it in the slightest (I rebuilt the bodywork on one of my old motorcycles that was in 20 something pieces with some acetone, scrap pla...
by SmallWaveSteve
Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:37 pm

Alpha Comptec (Plastic?) repair

I've got an Alpha 130f sailboard (was a little optimistic on its stability and buoyancy for SUP'ing) that is some sort of plastic that Alpha calls Comptec (polypropelene or ASA or ?) 2 Part question: 1) Does anyone know what type of plastic it actually is? 2) Is there a way to solvent or heat weld i...
by SmallWaveSteve
Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:16 pm
Topic: Just throwing it out there
Replies: 6
Views: 2032

teabag, depends on the marker, but generally no there isn't alot (12 year old kids have no trouble going nuts with mechanical semi-autos) I'd be down for playing, I haven't been out in a year, but use to play quite a bit (and worked at TNT). Its a group of newer players Victoria Paintball or TNT (my...
by SmallWaveSteve
Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:28 pm
Topic: Any newbies out there?
Replies: 6
Views: 1731

Might be worth checking this thread out too :)
http://www.bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5559
by SmallWaveSteve
Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:12 pm
Topic: To glue or not to glue
Replies: 2
Views: 861

I'd be very careful loctiting fins, it does an unbeleiveable job of dissolving some plastics (learned that one on some motorcycle parts)
by SmallWaveSteve
Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:52 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Chiropractor
Replies: 3
Views: 2001

Dr Murray (Murray Chiropractic on Chatterton by Quadra & the Highway) is pretty darn good for a lot of issues, though generally its a come in and crack your back or whatever every couple weeks. I don't know if he has any kite-specific knowledge, but he does quite a bit of work with athletes (ie ...
by SmallWaveSteve
Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:48 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Ideal Windsurf / Kiting Vehicle?
Replies: 456
Views: 124189

You should see what she could do when she was driving the ring taxi. I got to do few laps of the ring (as a passenger) in a fully race prepped BMW 318ti (with a guy who attends all the open track days at the ring behind the wheel) and got to watch her pass us like we were standing still several times.
by SmallWaveSteve
Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:01 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Kelp Reef? Where is it?
Views: 1643

thanks! Didn't know a page like that existed. Looks like i have more exploring to do on this site!
by SmallWaveSteve
Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:40 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Kelp Reef? Where is it?
Views: 1643

Kelp Reef? Where is it?

I'm just curious where(ish) the kelp reef is relative to IV?
by SmallWaveSteve
Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:45 am
Topic: Shopping in the US
Replies: 15
Views: 3974

I second OTlunch's opinion, they have clearance old model makos and such that are still new. it really is something you should check out
by SmallWaveSteve
Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:04 pm
Topic: Shopping in the US
Replies: 15
Views: 3974

It'd be worth going in and talking to them, they also have a pile of kites in their clearance room that are a 2+ years old that I believe should be cheap (they hadn't priced them when I was in there)