Search found 250 matches

by SmallWaveSteve
Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:24 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Shopping in the US
Replies: 15
Views: 3974

If you're driving down, it might be worth checking out nwkite. Its the forum local to hood river(ish area). That area seems flooded with gear, so the prices end up being lower. Good luck in the hunt! I'm too new to the sport to make any suggestions on gear or anything though. If you keep an eye on t...
by SmallWaveSteve
Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:26 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Best Beginner Beaches
Replies: 4
Views: 1079

Thanks for the feedback that was the impression I originally had, but was talked out if it by the sailing guide wiki.
What are the other spots further up island that would be acceptable/safe?
by SmallWaveSteve
Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:01 pm
Topic: Best Beginner Beaches
Replies: 4
Views: 1079

Best Beginner Beaches

Obviously an assisted downwinder @ nitnat would be ideal, but other than that for this time of year, and staying south of the malahat what have ye? (I'm familiar with Island View, but have been to Willows & the Lagoon collectively about 3 times in my life, and never since I've been interested in...
by SmallWaveSteve
Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:47 pm
Topic: Noobs & Kooks Unite! (Island View?)
Replies: 43
Views: 11224

@Kayakdoc, thanks for the heads up, Christina did mention them when I picked it up @the new folk, depending on how things look tomorrow AM or afternoon, I may be hitting up IV or Willows with a couple of people (probably IV). I've got a leg injury though, so depending on how she goes, this might be ...
by SmallWaveSteve
Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:31 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Old Windsurfer material?
Replies: 12
Views: 3216

@rocdoc I figure if the entire board is destined for the landfill, may as well cut it down to 1/3 of it. (I was planning on cutting out rectangles around the mast track/fin box/footstrap inserts, and cutting similar sized chunks of foam to gorilla glue in/plug) For an all out surfboard I'd probably ...
by SmallWaveSteve
Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:00 am

That would be awesome! I'm thinking I should probably just stick to poly boards for now since I have a bunch of resin already (vs $200+ of epoxy to do one board).
I'll give you a shout once my midterm nightmare is over
by SmallWaveSteve
Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:03 pm

Old Windsurfer material?

I was curious if anyone knows what type of foam the old windsurfers were made from? (IE the big old ones that pop up free frequently on used vic like this: http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Windsurf-board-sail-mast-and-boom_16606862 ) I've been wanting to shape some boards (surf/kite) and th...
by SmallWaveSteve
Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:32 pm
Topic: Kiteboarding & Surfing + Family Vacation In December
Replies: 1
Views: 1098

Kiteboarding & Surfing + Family Vacation In December

My family is going on a vacation next December (over christmas), and we're trying to get everything sorted out pretty quick. We're looking for a spot that has stuff for everyone (mom and sister are interested in bumming on the beach, dad's into touristy stuff, and me and my bro want to spend our tim...
by SmallWaveSteve
Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:40 pm
Topic: used gear?
Views: 3264

There is a local alternative to the shipping depots in Point Roberts and the like. Seawings is located at the Victoria Airport (You have your stuff shipped to their office in Blaine, they truck it up). To pick up your stuff they give you a slip, you walk it over to the customs office at the airport,...
by SmallWaveSteve
Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:15 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Windfest 2011
Replies: 7
Views: 3620

audio works when you play the embedded video, if you open it to watch it on youtube there's no audio
by SmallWaveSteve
Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:14 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BCCF Fundraiser in Support of RD
Replies: 108
Views: 66404

Steve H just chipped in. Keep strong RD!
by SmallWaveSteve
Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:59 pm
Topic: Go Pro HD!!!!
Replies: 53
Views: 16490

^that one is the first generation of HD GoPro just so you know (pretty big difference between those and the HD Hero 2)
by SmallWaveSteve
Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:41 am

A shame my exam overlapped with the sale, just got out, guess I missed out this time :(
by SmallWaveSteve
Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:15 am

The GoPro HD Hero 2 Outdoor Edition is going on sale on thryll.com at 8am tomorrow (for a good deal I assume, they haven't released the price yet) if anyone is looking to save a few bucks. If you do sign up for that site, help support BWD by using the referral link below. It will put a $10 credit on...
by SmallWaveSteve
Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:59 pm
Topic: Noobs & Kooks Unite! (Island View?)
Replies: 43
Views: 11224

^That's partly what I was planning to do with this thread :) I'll be the one in the black wetsuit @ Island View :p I wasn't expecting many responses so quick, but I figured there may be a few others in my situation skulking about on the forum You can spot me with: Red Neil Pryde impact vest White li...