Search found 14 matches

by gmac
Sun May 02, 2010 11:05 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: kiteboard safety in Tofino
Replies: 5
Views: 2147

kiteboard safety in Tofino

Here's something to think about: April 2, here at Chesterman's in Tofino, I caught a lose kite that was blowing down the beach. The thing is, that I was not kiteboarding, I was walking with my 14 month old son in the stroller, and the kite fully ran us over. What if ...(insert any possible situation...
by gmac
Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:25 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Johnny Read's last blast - The Big Bang
Replies: 72
Views: 23204

I'm in. Picture Johnny's eyes buggin out as he says "Rockets!"
by gmac
Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:03 pm
Topic: Johnny Read
Replies: 97
Views: 50459

Well said Tom. Think of all those nuts and bolts and among other things bullets. Think of all those tales of injury narrowly avoided, or totally unavoided! (Always followed by recuperation and recovery about twice as fast as the doctor ordered. The undisputed master of self-cast-removal.) Who else c...
by gmac
Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:42 pm
Topic: Is GMAC the newest youtube star?
Replies: 6
Views: 2253

No that's not me. But it sure looks like that guy that got busted last week for "swimming on his surfboard" in Cordova Bay. He's a real maniac, mumbling something about getting in shape, paddling that surfboard, in the morning, in 0 knots of wind, up to 100 METERS OFFSHORE, and in water th...
by gmac
Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:58 am
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 148471

Thanks windependant, you're right that new generation bow kites change the equation a bit, but what I'm saying is that true beginners should launch unhooked and depowered because inexperience and panic can make some people pull IN on the bar, and things go downhill fast from there. As soon as a stud...
by gmac
Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:45 am
Topic: Nitinaht Windfest 2006
Replies: 101
Views: 29290

hey here's a quick report on what happened with the kiteboarding side of things last weekend at Nitinaht Windfest, Aug. 12 and 13th Judy and Dale set up a great homebase/registration motorhome and a dj booth to go with the killer 10 000 watt sound system that came with a sound guy, Lee. He sorted it...
by gmac
Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:13 pm
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 148471

kiteboarding accidents / safety tips

I thought I'd start this as a new topic, so new kiters can have a thread to go to for safety advice learned from past accidents. Hopefully we don't have to add to this very often. Accident: Nitinaht, Jul. 23/06 The accident as I saw it: Typical sunny day at the lake, wind around 20 knots had just sp...
by gmac
Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:18 am

Just a reminder to come on out and support your local event at Nitnat this weekend: tons of prizes and stuff to give away, great riding, equipment demos, beer, music... weather forecast looks great, see you there!
by gmac
Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:01 pm

C'mon poleskippers, help out Bobson. On the kite side, Mark Sprungman and me, Grant MacPherson, are going to put on a kite event. We're going to keep it really simple and fun, the whole idea being to get people together and ride and keep it friendly. Right now we're thinking of having some demo gear...
by gmac
Thu May 25, 2006 10:16 pm
Topic: local video
Replies: 25
Views: 6557

I like the fishing vid too. Back to SGH, the album's called Has Been. And Eric, the pov shots are done with my mini dvcam in a housing, not a waterproof still/vid cam, is that what you meant? Thanks everyone for watching and giving feedback, I'm stoked to shoot some more this season! By the way, if ...
by gmac
Sun May 21, 2006 10:25 am

Yep SGH and Brad, it's William Shatner's Cap't James Kirk voice on the song originally by Pulp.
by gmac
Sun May 14, 2006 9:42 pm

hey thanks Chris, you still on the California/Oregon coast?
by gmac
Sat May 13, 2006 9:25 am

by gmac
Sat May 13, 2006 9:23 am

local video

Hey all, I've stitched some video footage together for your viewing pleasure. It's short, called 100 Seconds, and its up on the Ocean Rodeo website. Check out the site and get to it in the gallery section, right side of the page. Watch Mike hit the camera kite and other fun stuff... Grant