Oregon Wavesailing Trips 2012

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

Hey C36 dave, just scrolled through your slide shows last night with the family. I even saw a couple of you that i took. thanks for posting those up! compensates nicely for me not taking any photos myself.
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

July 6 = SUP @ Cape :? + ground swell and 20+ @ Cape :D :D :D

Click here to view the slide show.

Click here to view the session log.

ps DWD: glad you enjyed the shots (thanks for taking some of me). Hope the knee heals fast!
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Thanks to everyone for the offers of assistance and whatnot yesterday, I was more pissed off at what had happened than in pain, so sorry if I wasn't too perky.

In case anyone is wondering here was the prognosis - I cracked off the little tooth beside my left chicklet, but the root is intact: Root Canal and crown - basic. I fractured the left chicklet, but not all the way through (mini-CT scan to confirm), but pulled it right out it's socket and broke a piece off of my jaw bone in the process. I've got a fancy wire holding it in place, best case scenario it reattaches itself and I get a root canal... worst case $$$$.

:twisted: :oops: :cry: :evil: :x :shock: :oops: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :!:
Don't forget to bring a towel!
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

Shouldn't that be covered by your travel insurance?
My other hobby is channel surfing
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Travel insurance often doesn't cover dental especially if you're already covered (I am) through work (somewhat, like the root canals,but only 40% on crowns), but implants if the tooth doesn't take aren't covered at all. Fingers crossed because that will be a huge $4-6k bummer that I really can't afford.
eastside

Post by eastside »

Enjoyed your pictures C36
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

eastside wrote:Enjoyed your pictures C36
Ditto!
Poultry in motion
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

T: Thanks fir the updat on the teeth. If you are looking at the big bill, maybe there could be a 'buy Tony some new teeth' fundraiser!?! :-)

ES/WD: More picture coming soon! :-)
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

nanmoo wrote:implants if the tooth doesn't take aren't covered at all. Fingers crossed because that will be a huge $4-6k bummer that I really can't afford.
my halfbrother in Germany specializes in implants, maybe swing a deal & trip to Germany for some real beer 8)
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

BWD/Morewind:

Sailed Flo yesterday (Jul 7) and am planning to head back to PR to sail today (Sun) and Monday am. Are you and Mike still in PR?

David (C 36)

ps Is my omlette ready?
terrapin

Post by terrapin »

Hey David did you end up hitting Pistol? Jesse and I are still loitering around waiting for some activity.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

:lol:
Last edited by KUS on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

terrapin wrote:Hey David did you end up hitting Pistol? Jesse and I are still loitering around waiting for some activity.
Cam: Thanks for asking. I ended up connecting with BWD, Morewind, and Shaggy in Florance for a second session at the south jetty. Drove through to Hood River last night (Sunday). See ya 'next time'!

Looking forward to seeing 'the movie'! :-)
firstonlastoff

Post by firstonlastoff »

FOLO back in Coquitlam Sunday evening - didn't follow Johnnyman and the Nanaimo Fishes to the Gorge, good call as I was only moderately slowed down (eg. 5 minutes) entering the gauntlet that is the Olympia to Everett corridor of I5, and I earned back some brownie points for being home for dinner. I had lots of fun on my first trip to the S. Oregon coast. Everyone was saying the conditions were outstandingly user-friendly. Thanks to all for the tips on how to catch and ride waves, getting in and out of the shore-break, and I even made it into a few of Dave's (C36) pictures! Nanmoo, hope the tooth repair and healing goes well, and yes, I can't get an image that is associated with that bumper sticker at GB grocery out of my head, yuk.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

That was a funny one eh? Such friendly locals. I was finding gems all week... extreme midget wrestling, letters to the editor talking of forceably detaining their fellow townspeople because their dog pooped on a lawn... calling homelessness people a disease that needs to be eradicated... God bless America..!

Saw the Dental Surgeon today, he seems quite hopeful I will retain both teeth which is good news. We won't know for a few weeks whether the big one is going to stay put, but heres hoping I won't need an implant.