Search found 265 matches

by Kite Kook
Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:33 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Brazil locations
Replies: 8
Views: 2636

You will likely want to read http://www.skypilotkiteboarding.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=177 Keep in mind that the 'windy' season at its peak from October through December (the author visited during peak winds). At some point ( usually sometime in January), the winds drop off ...
by Kite Kook
Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:31 pm
Topic: Brazil locations
Replies: 8
Views: 2636

if you don't need waves, check out Prea. Also, www.kiteforum.com will have much discussion on plenty of spots in Brasil. Just check the archives.

Have fun!
by Kite Kook
Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:46 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Is GMAC the newest youtube star?
Replies: 6
Views: 2258

Kendra told me he got paid $1000 for that little deal. 2 hours of modelling for Grant, and BOOM, an easy grand. Ah, to be Grant...
by Kite Kook
Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:32 pm
Topic: Flat kite self launch video
Replies: 17
Views: 4564

dude, that video is incredible. rights, lefts, sun and wind :).

Cheapest flight I could find is $3000 return. Damn! Well, I know where I will go if I ever win the lottery, or become a city worker ;)
by Kite Kook
Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:58 pm
Topic: Gear Insurance FYI
Views: 1800

And what if your gear is not "listed"? The small print of the policy I was considering years ago made it clear that my kiting gear would fall under the broad catagory of sporting equipment. I was happy with the provisions ($200 deductable, $5000 limit). This included theft from car etc. Th...
by Kite Kook
Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:37 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Dallas Road Video.
Replies: 4
Views: 1929

cool! - some great shots of colin. sandra's just happy her board is famous! The careful eye will note Ross is actually completing a kiteloop on his back roll... Nice editing :)
by Kite Kook
Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:13 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: how windy is 6.5m (windsurfer)?
Replies: 7
Views: 2585

Thanks for the replies. So I take it is approx. 12-14 knots, which for me would definately be 16m if I had one (11-17 knots being ideal 16m for me). Kites are getting better and better in terms of their range, which means that sometimes you will have similar sized people out and doing well on 16's, ...
by Kite Kook
Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:54 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: how windy is 6.5m (windsurfer)?
Replies: 7
Views: 2585

how windy is 6.5m (windsurfer)?

I know I should know this, but I am more familiar with 5.0 and 4.5 conditions, and I don't want to guess. I am trying to help a friend choose a winter kiting destination. This place gets @ 20 days a month of 6.5 winds or better.

Any comments welcome!

Paul
by Kite Kook
Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:12 am
Topic: Nitinat Sept 22-24 Weekend
Views: 1782

yeah, if only EC was right there might be over 10 knots. but, even with the improved forecast, the Weathernetwork is calling for 3 degree and 1 degree temp diferential for saturday and sunday respectively. good chance of watching a 5 knot breeze all afternoon. :cry: but who knows, one could always g...
by Kite Kook
Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:00 pm
Topic: Paintball or DISC GOLF BWD Fundraiser?
Replies: 24
Views: 4908

i can't, but realize that my attendence at any event is now extremely unlikey due to a variety of circumstances. But, you all, get busy and have some fun! i will just have to throw some $$ dave's way to support the event.

Cheers!
by Kite Kook
Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:54 pm
Topic: Nitinat Sept 22-24 Weekend
Views: 1782

If you look at the Weathernetwork, it is calling for a high of 17 for BOTH Port Alberni and Tofino. Temperature difference of zero not too tempting...
by Kite Kook
Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:01 pm

Not to nix my own suggestion, but I seem to recall paintball being quite expensive. Thus, more $$$ could go to BWD if it was Disc Golf instead :)

So, I am totally behind you Kus. Now, if BWD could edit the poll question/options maybe we could get a better idea of how many would be into playing?
by Kite Kook
Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:23 am

I am up for either, although I've only played each once. It was just an idea that came up from a conversation. So, yeah, I would play disc golf to raise cash for this site. I would like to add a poll option for that, but I think it's frozen now that there are responses... Someone else would have to ...
by Kite Kook
Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:16 am

Paintball or DISC GOLF BWD Fundraiser?

Hey, I was talking to Thomas today, and the idea came of up of getting a bunch of wind users together for a (non windy) day of paintball this fall. Of course, it would be subject to wind. I thought it would be cool to do this as a fundraiser for BWD at the same time, if there was sufficient interest...
by Kite Kook
Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:33 am
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Must see 2007 Mistral Video
Replies: 14
Views: 3894

where can i find the soundtrack for that? that is actually really cool. thanks for posting dude.