Search found 37 matches

by xmyxlife
Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:53 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Found: Blue Helmet at Cook st
Replies: 2
Views: 911

Found: Blue Helmet at Cook st

Still have this blue helmet from cook street on saturday? size large. Dark blue. pm me if it's yours, or if you know who's it might be!
by xmyxlife
Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:25 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Found: Helmet from Cook Street
Replies: 1
Views: 764

Found: Helmet from Cook Street

Found friday night, blue protec helmet size large. Check your gear before you head out tomorrow, or risk an exploded skull!!!! pm me if it's yours!
by xmyxlife
Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:11 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Two beautiful orange tabby kittens ready for pickup at NN
Replies: 1
Views: 1402

Looks like somebody didn't take Bob Barker seriously at the end of every Price Is Right episode....
by xmyxlife
Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:01 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: My Review of WWW/Port Alberni
Replies: 11
Views: 2599

I was there for 3 days at the start of last week, the first day the water was mostly clear with a few pieces of bark floating about. The second day i was avoiding logs all day, due to a huge ship loading logs from just upwind and seeming not being too careful about the runaway logs. And the third da...
by xmyxlife
Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:47 pm
Topic: GPS....
Replies: 12
Views: 2496

Thanks for the advice all! Looks like i'll go with the 401 and work out a bit of extra waterproofing. The 310xt looks sweet but i have bigger plans for the extra 150 bucks! Like 15 pints of beer at the WM2 premier 8)
by xmyxlife
Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:16 am
Topic: GPS....
Views: 2496

GPS....

I'm looking into getting a waterproof GPS to strap to my rig and looking for any advice on what might be a good one to look into. Hopefully something with a few different settings, top speed, total distance, average speed. Anybody have a recommendation, or know a good place to start looking?
by xmyxlife
Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:07 pm
Topic: November Honeymoon Ideas
Replies: 40
Views: 7641

Hahaha i love how this is taking a turn from destination advice, to marriage advice.
by xmyxlife
Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:07 pm
Topic: The Windsurfing Movie II - Victoria Premiere
Replies: 46
Views: 9949

I would definitaly have a few bucks for the cause, especially if there is the opportunity to spend a few more bucks on beer during the movie. I wouldn't be able to do PA or Parksville unless it was a weekend though...
+1
by xmyxlife
Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:42 pm
Topic: Beginner Kiters
Replies: 22
Views: 5972

The other day i ran into a kiter down at cook who had a kind of bright orange float attached to his board inbetween the straps. He was talking about how it helps to right the board, but mostly makes it REALLY easy to see in the waves. I don't know if this was a homemade contraption or not, but it se...
by xmyxlife
Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:23 pm
Topic: The Famous Last Run
Views: 2532

Ah shit! And you were so close to calling it quits! You were right about the wind though, i checked shortly after i left and it was back down to 22-26. From now on... "Just two more runs" :wink:
by xmyxlife
Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:56 pm
Topic: Travel WS gear with West Jet
Replies: 7
Views: 1277

winddoctor wrote:Think I'll get a custom sub-3 metre board/quiver bag shaped like a "golf bag". Problems solved.
A nice head cover set to stick over the ends of the sails might really help to pull off the illusion
by xmyxlife
Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:40 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Kiting this weekend - Victoria or Nihnat?
Replies: 16
Views: 6944

Re: Nitinaht Road Report??

super rough. Of course, the truck/suv drivers seemed to be flying past me at 80kph There is an odd phenomenon on gravel roads that deteriorate to washboard that driving at 15-50 kmph will shake your fillings out, but accelerate to 80 or more and it will smooth it out (till you hit a really big one,...
by xmyxlife
Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:30 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Kiting this weekend - Victoria or Nihnat?
Replies: 16
Views: 6944

Re: Nitinaht Road Report??

Driving a Prius, small tires, OK clearance, advice from those who went last weekend? Thanks in Advance. I can't speak for last weekend, but two weekends ago i made the drive in my 525i and it was pretty lousy. Relatively dry, but super rough. Of course, the truck/suv drivers seemed to be flying pas...
by xmyxlife
Sat May 29, 2010 11:11 am
Topic: Windsurfing lessons
Replies: 60
Views: 14488

Maybe i'll give it a try, keep your head up on the other side incase i try a back loop over clover point.
by xmyxlife
Sat May 29, 2010 10:29 am
Topic: Windsurfing lessons
Replies: 60
Views: 14488

I was thinking of heading down around then too, hopefully i'll have some company!!! :P